Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Torque Settings On Front Discs

clossie

Having read some of the fabulous guides to replacing front discs and pads on is200's on this forum, i thought i would give it a go this weekend as under heavy braking my steering wheel wobbles and there is also a deep enough lip on the front discs to enable me to use them as a soup bowl once removed.

So.

This morning I ordered a set of mintex discs and pads off fleabay for 90 quid delivered and thought I will try to swap them out myself this weekend using your guides.

Before i start however i need to understand the torque settings for the 2 bolts on the callipers and also the 2 bolts on the calliper carriers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Having read some of the fabulous guides to replacing front discs and pads on is200's on this forum, i thought i would give it a go this weekend as under heavy braking my steering wheel wobbles and there is also a deep enough lip on the front discs to enable me to use them as a soup bowl once removed.

So.

This morning I ordered a set of mintex discs and pads off fleabay for 90 quid delivered and thought I will try to swap them out myself this weekend using your guides.

Before i start however i need to understand the torque settings for the 2 bolts on the callipers and also the 2 bolts on the calliper carriers.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This should help you out.Go to repair manual,front brake caliper.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I tried to swap the discs out this weekend. Darn it the calliper carriers felt as if they had been welded in place. Anywho, after spending out on some new axle stands as well as a new breaker bar, + 2 hours in what felt like 90 degree heat, i gave in, waved the white flag and opened a cool beer.

never been defeated before. gutted. car now booked into a local garage next week..Miffed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links