Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Brake Squeal, Clunk, Knock Etc.

gazza0210

Hi People,

I keep getting this clunking noise from the front of the car. I have chatted about this before on here but was wondering if anyone found a definitive answer to sorting the problem of moving pads in the calipers.

Im using Mintex pads and discs at the front and still get the knocking noise. Ive used plenty of copper slip and changed the clips that hold the pads into the holder on the wheel. I also have a thin metal shim that goes on each pad fitted.

I still get the knocking. !!

Does the brake discs have any kind of fixing holding them to the hub?? My ones just push over the studs and sit there under the weight of the disc and help in place by the pads/caliper. Just wondering if this was a contributing symptom.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance people.

Have just stripped my front & rear brakes to check, lub and re-paint calipers etc.

Both the front and rear discs have no fixing and are held in place by the pads and the wheel.

Unfortunately I cant help with the clunking noise. I am not experiencing any clunk with my brakes so can only assume that maybe the clips are the wrong type and are not holding the pads sufficiently. Are they a Lexus part or a copy?

I vaguely remember reading a post some time ago (and it was a while ago) about another member having the same problem.

Maybe another member could point you in the right direction for an answer.

Good Luck

Mossy

you are missing the rear shims that what the noise is as i have had thsi problem twice!! and the front i'm having the same problem at the moment mine front drivers caliper has seized going getting it sorted on friday.

you are missing the rear shims that what the noise is as i have had thsi problem twice!! and the front i'm having the same problem at the moment mine front drivers caliper has seized going getting it sorted on friday.

try canging the lower ball joints because those are the ones who are making that noise. i had the same problem and thats what i've done. right now i dont have that noise any more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links