Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2007 GS450h on 35,000 miles showed "hybrid malfunction" with engine icon in dispay. I stopped the car immediately and called the AA who are transporting it to the service centre.

Has anyone else experienced this message/experience? Could it relate to the July 6th recall about engine and engine cooling?

Regards in anticipation,

Jeff C

At least, the greater headache is solved. I am having my head lamp and wind mirror changed paying from my pocket so you can have pity for me

Mine did exactly this one morning last summer, it appeared to only be running on petrol and because it was still moving and time was short for me I continued to drive, after a while the hybrid system did work again with the warning still up and then later that day all back to normal. I took it to Lexus Hatfield next day they declared and performed a software update required and then tried to charge me saying updates not covered by the warranty ! No chance, no cash changed hands and 40 000 miles later never seen any more problems.

Will be interesting to know how you get on.

Regards Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the information which is very good to have while the car is being looked at. The car is not subject to a recall so that is ruled out for the time being. Hopefully it is only a software problem that can easily be remedied. I will let you know what transpires.

Regards

Jeff C

what is this about engine cooling ? I have had steering, rear brakes and notification for valve springs but nothing about cooling

Tony

Check out http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2007/lexus/gs450h/recalls.htm re recall ID #10V309000 - ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING - Recall date Jul 06, 2010. I have no connection with this site - it only came up when I searched GS450h problems. Other sites may have the same information.

Lexus have forwarded to service centres details of vehicles to be recalled starting with the oldest. But you can short circuit the recall system by entering your VIN in http://www.lexus.co.uk/about/vs-recall.aspx to see if your car is affected.

It would appear also that Lexus issues recall notices quicker when presurised by customers - something to keep in mind when things go wrong.

Regards

Jeff C

Now advised that malfunction caused by a pressure switch in the transmission and it is being replaced at this moment. I will be keeping a close watch on the dash display.

If your car ever has to be put on a transporter note that the exhausts tend to scrape the ground. Mine did but I am told no damage was done.

Not cool having to be recovered, I blew a tyre on the M54 recently and felt people were laughing at the flash #### on the hard shoulder and I am sure I suffer more aggresive driving from white van man and HGV drivers because the GS looks a million dollars,seldom happens in the Sportcross, anybody else noticed this or is it just me ?

Got my car back this afternoon. The problem (P0867 on the garage computer) was a fluid pressure switch in the transmission. As it turns out I could have driven the car - the advice being to stop driving if there is a loss of power. I was uncertain about continuing as it happened at 5 o'clock on a Sunday evening twenty miles from home and everything was closed so I could not get proper advice.

As regards other people - they do not concern me. I like my car immensely and my main concern is to make sure I do not damage it unnecessarily. There may be those who may be begrudgers but I only notice the ones who look at with appreciation. In spite of little setbacks like pressure switches, etc, it is a nice car andlong may I be able to enyoy it.

Glad you are sorted, when you stop to think how much is going on with these cars and how many computers are running the show there has to be the odd hitch, I notice the most reliable cars now are basic cats like Kia etc which have almost nothing to go wrong.

Cheers Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Now advised that malfunction caused by a pressure switch in the transmission and it is being replaced at this moment. I will be keeping a close watch on the dash display.

If your car ever has to be put on a transporter note that the exhausts tend to scrape the ground. Mine did but I am told no damage was done.

I had exactly the same problem a couple of months ago - the light came on on the elevated section on the M4 (which has no hard shoulder) so I phoned my local Lexus dealer, who asked me if it was driving as normal and as it was to bring it in in the morning).

Same pressure sensor fix.