Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 - Interior Noise Levels

radical

Hello SC430 fans,

I am considering buying a 2003 SC430 and have concerns of noise levels in both top-up and top-down modes.

As I have been a fan of the GS line and it's very commendable quiet interior, I would imagine the Lexus SC430 with it's hardtop up is also quiet.

Any comments, SPL (sound pressure measurements) levels, or suggestions?

I plan to test drive soon, but your input is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

radical@yahoo.com :D

Had one for the weekend a couple of weeks ago and noise levels are as you would expect from Lexus. i/e. good. but that chassis particuarly with the roof down - frequently found myself having to wind the wheel more because of understeer (and I was never pressing on) and on the motorway it's one of those vehicles you have to steer straight. Definitely a vehicle to admire and look at but not one to drive.

:D The SC430 is brilliant, it is often compared with the Merc SL but believe me the SC is streets ahead, I ran SL Mercs for many years but when I test drove the new 350SL I was so dissapointed that I then bought a new SC.

The benefits of the SC over the SL are:

1. More head room

2. Faster and better engine.

3. Quieter and smoother ride

4. Small rear seats which you CAN fit someone in for short journeys.

5. Better standard spec.

6. Better build quality

7. More exclusive.

And unlike some I find the SC performance and handling outstanding, like all cars you have to settle in to the style of any car but once you do the SC in formidable on the road. A weekend test drive is no more than that, but when you own an SC you will love it.

Michael :D

:D The SC430 is brilliant, it is often compared with the Merc SL but believe me the SC is streets ahead, I ran SL Mercs for many years but when I test drove the new 350SL I was so dissapointed that I then bought a new SC.

The benefits of the SC over the SL are:

1. More head room

2. Faster and better engine.

3. Quieter and smoother ride

4. Small rear seats which you CAN fit someone in for short journeys.

5. Better standard spec.

6. Better build quality

7. More exclusive.

And unlike some I find the SC performance and handling outstanding, like all cars you have to settle in to the style of any car but once you do the SC in formidable on the road. A weekend test drive is no more than that, but when you own an SC you will love it.

Michael :D

I agree with all your points - indeed I reckon the back seats are more than adequate even for a long run. My wife sat in the back - roof up and down - for well over 100 miles and said it was really good and she's 5'8"! She just complained there was no centre arm rest as the seats are very upright and you need something steady you.

But sorry I can not agree on the ride/handling - The salesman did agree with me when I returned it and he's on his fourth one!

In fairness my wife would have one tomorrow!

Not being funny here, but clearly with the top down its going to being noisy, especially as you past those 16 wheelers on the motorway. Top up its very quite, except it is a sport car and therefore you are not isolated from the lumps and bumps in the road, so expect some intrusion this way. However the engine is QUIET. Odd really considering most of its competitors growl away. I sat in a friends Maserati the other day, and at tick over that sounded louder than the lexus at full throttle !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links