Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare Wheel - Missing

04AAA

OK, I guess your amazement at this.

A s/h purchase and yep I didn't check (well I thought I did but then I couldn't have)

So I know there is no legal requirement to have one - just if you do it has to comply. But it does give a certain peace of mind.

I presume they are available at a price, any suggestions?

I will be contacting the dealer - but don't hold much hope, buyer beware and all that.

As with all s/h purchases you have to expect some issues.

look on ebay if you want a oem one. the spare is the same as the oem wheels on the car. go to a scrapyard and get any 16" 5/114 from toyota rav 4 avenis camary and a 205/55/16 tyre

his car has 17's on rather than the 16's they normally have, theres always 17's on eBay induvidually and as theres quite a few they are normally quite cheap

look on ebay if you want a oem one. the spare is the same as the oem wheels on the car. go to a scrapyard and get any 16" 5/114 from toyota rav 4 avenis camary and a 205/55/16 tyre

his car has 17's on rather than the 16's they normally have, theres always 17's on eBay induvidually and as theres quite a few they are normally quite cheap

How do you know they are 17's? - I don't even know, but then remember I'm a bit dumb on these things.

I had a quick look on eBay and was immediately confused and I must say I wouldn't describe £450-£650 for a single wheel (no tyre) particularly "cheap"

It is a long time since I last ventured into a scrap yard (perhaps some 40 years) they were not welcoming places even then. I'm quite happy going to one specific for a part I know they have but phoning every breaker's yard in Berkshire or worse still traipsing around them, even if I knew where they were, does not appeal.

I must admit, as I said dumb, that I could just pop into Halfords or somewhere similar and order one.

Is that a picture of your car as your avatar? If so, that's how he knew you're on 17s :)

They're the standard wheel on the IS, and you'll easily be able to pick up a second hand one on eBay as they're up all the time, but as already suggested a breakers would work too. I'd imagine a new one would be around £200 so not really worth it.

LINK

I just sold a new spare wheel with a dunlop sport with 6mm for £100, spares from the dealers are only worth it if the car is still a new £25k model lol

OK, I guess your amazement at this.

A s/h purchase and yep I didn't check (well I thought I did but then I couldn't have)

So I know there is no legal requirement to have one - just if you do it has to comply. But it does give a certain peace of mind.

I presume they are available at a price, any suggestions?

I will be contacting the dealer - but don't hold much hope, buyer beware and all that.

As with all s/h purchases you have to expect some issues.

Although a spare is not required by law, a Dealer is legally responsible for selling what he describes - so if the car was shown as Lexus IS300 Sportcross etc without any specific qualification such as "no spare wheel", he is required to make up this deficiency because the car is incomplete as originally specified and supplied. It is the dealer's responsibility to check for such things and not yours - sensibly, you should also check, and also make sure it has an appropriate jack, but he is legally required to know because he is the professional. Also, he cannot hide behind any catch-all statement like "as seen & without guarantee" except when selling vehicles as not roadworthy. Having said that, respectable dealers are usually happy to sort this sort of thing out for you.

I missed the part where you said you bought it from a dealer, assumed it was a private purchase. Yeah if it's from a dealer go back and tell them there's no wheel and they have to get you one!

I missed the part where you said you bought it from a dealer, assumed it was a private purchase. Yeah if it's from a dealer go back and tell them there's no wheel and they have to get you one!

When I said dealer I didn't mean Lexus dealer or even Franchised car dealership. It wasn't a private single car sale either though just a trader with about 20 cars working from home.

I must admit I feel terribly embarrassed at missing such a simple check. I shall give him a call on Monday, but don't hold much hope.

The coincidental thing is that bay one in Aldershot is just round the corner from the "dealer" from whom I bought the car :D (Absolutely no aspersions intended - just pure coincidence)

Is that a picture of your car as your avatar? If so, that's how he knew you're on 17s :)

It is, I'm impressed all the same.

When I said dealer I didn't mean Lexus dealer or even Franchised car dealership. It wasn't a private single car sale either though just a trader with about 20 cars working from home.

I must admit I feel terribly embarrassed at missing such a simple check. I shall give him a call on Monday, but don't hold much hope.

The coincidental thing is that bay one in Aldershot is just round the corner from the "dealer" from whom I bought the car :D (Absolutely no aspersions intended - just pure coincidence)

Would be amusing (or not) if you bought it and went to collect from the same guy you bought the car from.......I'm sure it's a coincidence though :)

It is, I'm impressed all the same.

Lol some on here really know these cars (and I'd have to admit to being one of the geeky ones too!) :winky:

Lol some on here really know these cars (and I'd have to admit to being one of the geeky ones too!) :winky:

No problem with that - I'm only here to be impressed by and soak up or take advantage of that knowledge. Thanks.

Doesn't make any difference that your seller is a small-scale trader or a franchised main dealer; it is still his responsibility - his mistake to put right.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links