Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noise Coming From Rear Discs

Bobba77

I replaced the rear discs on my is two days ago (Mintex pads and disc set). Quite easy to do, not the horror show I was expecting. Anyway everything went well brakes are spot on handbrake is only 3 clicks etc. However driving home tonight with the window down I heard a skimming noise coming from the near side rear, only when I turned the car to the right. I'm presuming its rubbing against something as it makes no difference when I brake...... any ideas

This sounds similar to something I had too.

Just done bit of a search again and found the thread I referred to at the time.

Some useful pictures show precisely where problem could be coming from.

This may be an interesting read ...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=23405

Or maybe the backing plate just needs a shove away from the disc - an easier option first :unsure:

Very irritating those scraping noises :wacko:

Best of luck

TG

Thanks for the reply, Interesting read. I don't think it could be the wheel bearings, convinced its the disc rubbing against the back plate. Also the anti-squeal spring is missing from the caliper on that side, don't know if that has anything to do with it?? Is it possible to buy a new one of these???

Took the wheel off today to have a look, as i said previously the anti-squeal spring was missing. The pads in the caliper are very loose because of this i could wiggle them around. Rang Lexus parts and have ordered a new spring. Should be here be Tuesday, cost £5.20.........

The anti-squeal spring was delivered by Lexus Newcastle this morning ( free of charge very nice of them ). Fitted it and after driving around for 10 mins the noise has totally gone. Glad it was nothing major!! :backofnet:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links