Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member In Need Of Help

Evening gents (& ladies); i'm matt from wiltshire

basically i've bought a 2001 Lexuis IS200 SE, it drives very well and i'm impressed; i've come across from an 323i BMW coupe.

The issue i'm having is the bloody thing overheated today; driving home the car was perfect, engine temp was bang on half way; pulled up at my house and left it running, i was doing a few bits and then i saw the temp gauge almost touching the red!

turned the motor off and left it to cool down; my first thought was the coolant must have leaked out; but the rad was full. Then it dawned on me that i didnt hear the cooling fans!?

i'm quite handy with a set of spanners so i'm a little clued up and will give it a bash myself.

firstly, any common problems witht the fans not working

2) are the fans ECU controlled?

3) Where is the temp sender?

4) Which relay controls the fans?

any help greatfully received

thanks, matt

IS 200S SUPPOSED TO BE PRETTY RESILLIENT IVE HEARD - IF IT Happens again put your heaters on hot and fan on high should hold it from overheating - could be your fan switch is disconnected/unplugged or even a fuse gone ! have you checked every fuse in all 3 fuseboxes ?

cheers for the replies guys; havent even managed to get out to the car today; it'll be a job for in the week.

i'm pretty confident i havent done any damage; the car restarted fine after it had cooled down and was running on all cyclinders so i'm not that worried about it

just hope its a simple fix and not something wrong with the ecu, i "think" the cooling fans are ecu controlled

let us know how it turns out , also has it had a cambelt recently as have read instances of temp sensor plugs getting dislodged or unplugged and not re-plugged

its had a head gasket and new radiator prior to my ownership; previous owner put a hole in the rad - think the garage said to replace the headgasket aswell. the bloke knew nothing about cars so i think the garage "saw him coming" so to speak

will update once i've sorted it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links