Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle From N/s Rear

ROBBIE1

Hi I am gettin a horrible rattle from the rear near side of my is200,I happens when I am driving on flat roads and when I go over bumps,it sounds like it's coming from the wheel somewhere I thought it would have the brake dust cover but it's not,has anyone got any advice as this is so annoying

Thanks

I had a problem simular to yours. Turned out to be a knackered shock absorber. Replaced it and the noise was gone

My mates a mechanic so will get to have a look I checked for heat shields bein loose but can't find anything loose,how much did the shock cost mate ?

I had a problem simular to yours. Turned out to be a knackered shock absorber. Replaced it and the noise was gone

Always worth checking the nut on the shock absorber mount in the engine bay. I had a knock coming from an old avensis and couldn't see anything wrong for ages, took it to a local garage and they didn't know either. My dad had a look, quick quarter-turn with a torque-spanner and the knock was gone.

Clever/dumb balance restored :blush:

Edit: Durr, just noticed you said 'Rear'....sure the same applies though. (clever/dumb balance not so restored after all).

Just noticed the metal cover that goes over the rear caliper is missing so the rear pads a free to move I think this is the problem,does anyone know where these can be bought itself not a full kit

hi robbie

had exactly the same problem , bought a new clip from a lex dealer , they are a fiver each mate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links