Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been A While But Im Back!

manners

Hi everyone,

Been a while since i was last here, after crashing lowreds beutiful lexus is200, i finished all my crying and eventually got my arse in gear on the rebuild. :whistling:

first to find a damn cheap lexus i can put my mark on, eventually found one in the burn orange colour at £3600 which was great until the laquer started peeling. :tsktsk:

next to find a bodykit the same as the one lowred had used, finally found one of them whole kit set me back another £900 :winky:

the wheels on the car were all imports from america so after damaging one in the accident thats another £300 :tsktsk:

then i realised the biggest mistake id ever made was putting locking wheel nuts on the car key got knackered on one so had to drill the rest out small cost but time was a killer!!!

ok so now i have the bodykit on and fitted a sport xhaust fitted weels all back on the car..... damn laquer looks crap so in for a respray another £2500 tried getting as close to the red on low reds but ended up a fraction darker B)

ok so for the fun bit i have obviously got all the airbag suspension kit to go back on the car this weekend fingers crossed, the airbags have been all rebuilt by a local factory and the compressor has new rings etc. :shifty:

unfortuanatly i dont think i have any pics of the car in stages but will post some tomorrow afternoon when i get the car back out of the spray shop.

Watch this space ppl !!!!! :D :D :D

Looking for some good advice on turbo or supercharger, wont ever want it over 240bhp as i have a astra vxr too and never want to take the joy out of driving it besides how fast does it really need to be!!!!

Manners

Hi everyone,

Been a while since i was last here, after crashing lowreds beutiful lexus is200, i finished all my crying and eventually got my arse in gear on the rebuild. :whistling:

first to find a damn cheap lexus i can put my mark on, eventually found one in the burn orange colour at £3600 which was great until the laquer started peeling. :tsktsk:

next to find a bodykit the same as the one lowred had used, finally found one of them whole kit set me back another £900 :winky:

the wheels on the car were all imports from america so after damaging one in the accident thats another £300 :tsktsk:

then i realised the biggest mistake id ever made was putting locking wheel nuts on the car key got knackered on one so had to drill the rest out small cost but time was a killer!!!

ok so now i have the bodykit on and fitted a sport xhaust fitted weels all back on the car..... damn laquer looks crap so in for a respray another £2500 tried getting as close to the red on low reds but ended up a fraction darker B)

ok so for the fun bit i have obviously got all the airbag suspension kit to go back on the car this weekend fingers crossed, the airbags have been all rebuilt by a local factory and the compressor has new rings etc. :shifty:

unfortuanatly i dont think i have any pics of the car in stages but will post some tomorrow afternoon when i get the car back out of the spray shop.

Watch this space ppl !!!!! :D :D :D

Looking for some good advice on turbo or supercharger, wont ever want it over 240bhp as i have a astra vxr too and never want to take the joy out of driving it besides how fast does it really need to be!!!!

Manners

silly Q but when you say Lowred's Lexus, was it yours when u crashed or had you borrowed it or something? i've only been on and off here so bit confused lol u got pics of the old car aswell for us?

Glad to hear your back :) is it me or is that a unique colour? from the sounds of things you had to respray the entire thing right? also whats the body kit? welcome back :-)

yup its a custom job no standard colours here lol

the kit i cant even remember where i got it from it was tough to get hold of know that but am trying to rebuild the one i crashed, its been 3 years with a standard lexus whilst paying for the one i crashed as my fully comp insurance kicked in 3 days after i had the crash.

But will be much nicer this weekend when i get the airbag suspension back on it and get those damn wheels resprayed lol

oldcar.jpg

a Picture of the one before i crashed it,

By the time i had bought this car it already had its wheels sprayed black and the chrome grilles and the spolier i paid £8500 for it and only just finished the payments thank god,

it was crashed 3 months after purchase.... :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links