Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rough Ride

klexus

Hi all, my car feel a bit rougher lately on not so smooth roads. I have new ball joints and drop links. Mechanic has checked everything and can't see nothing wrong. There is also more of a thud if u drive over something, say a cats eye or something. It's not the tires either as i've used the same brand as was on the car when I got it. It's not drastic or anything, but the ride before used to be silky and smooth and now it's not. Any thought's please?

To be honest I've been noticing something similar recently as well, like the car's finding bumps on smooth roads as well. Not sure what the problem is, maybe just the shocks getting to that age where they need replacement?

Thanks for reply parthiban.

Not the shocks I'm afraid.

4 new shocks + top mounts, new ball joints+ drop links, new wheel bearings.

This feels like it's coming from the wheels.

Also had the geo done using tony's specs.

It's bugging me and I can't enjoy driving the car as much as I should

Have you recently changed the tyres? Could be a dodgy set?

Also check tyre pressures, are you running 35psi all round?

Changed tyres recently but problem was there before that.

I'd say I started noticing it about 3 months before I changed

I'm running 33psi all around in 215/45/17 tyres

@parthiban,I'll try 35psi later but I agree, I can't see 2psi causing a rough feeling at the wheels.

@kenfoxy, hi ken, the thud seems to be from both front wheels.

It's kind of like something low down at the whole front is not as tight as it should be.

I posted here a while back about a bong sound I was hearing sometimes when taking off in reverse and sometimes coming to a stop.

This sound seems to come from low down at the front also.

Whether or not this is related I don't know.

Is it the ride that has become rough (ie hard) or is it just a thumping noise on poor surfaces? Have you checked the ARB's for worn bushes or not torqued up properly.

No ken the ride is not hard and there is no thumping noise.

Something just feels a bit loose on poorer surfaces, no actual noise, just doesn't feel right. I've checked the arb bushes and I can't see any obvious wear but i'm not 100% sure how to spot wear on them. If there was play there, would it be very noticeable?

Also would the arb cause the rough feeling or would it be just sway going around bends?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links