Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2Jzgte

possel

hi all, im considering doing a 2jzgte conversion on my altezza, does anyone know how much work is envolved? has anyone on here already done this that could give me some help/tips? also all my orignal altezza engine (3sge) and tiptronic gearbox will be for sale got 81k miles on the clock what would it all be worth?

I would think a LOT of work. Have you considered just boosting your tezza to get some more grunt out of it?

mines a non turbo tiptronic, instead of doin a manual then turbo conversion thought it would make more sence and maybe cost less to go with a bigger better and more tuneable engine, well that is if it dont sell on eBay. if it does then ill just have to hunt for a manual turbo one

Well you don't necessarily need to go manual to run a turbo. In fact, from what I understand running auto + turbo has quite a few benefits...

For a start the auto trannie can hold a bit more power than a standard manual transmission. Also an auto trans can be rebuilt to take more power a lot cheaper than a manual can. Then there's the fact that auto's dont drop the boost between gear changes, and you're less likely to rodger your car up with a bad change.

Sure its not as much fun in an auto, but being an auto IS300 driver I do enjoy the occasional brake boost at the lights :P

yh very true, im just so used to a manual and tbh i do prefer it. i feel to lazy in an auto my left hand has nothing to do now lol. im not after stupid amounts of power 350-400 out of the supra lump would do me just fine :D

i have managed to source an engine just need a gearbox now, does anyone know what engine mounts i need to use? as they put the 2jz engine in the is300 will it drop straight in to the altezza engine bay or are they completley different? any help would be much appricated

Well, even if you switch from the 2JZGE to the 2JZGTE in an IS300 you need completely different engine mounts iirc. So yeah, I reckon you'll need to get something made up specially, or find some mounts that work from a different car.

Don't take my word on this, but i seem to recall that mounts from one of the other Lex models worked. Like a GS300 or something like that.

Have you got the electronics sorted btw, because I thought that was yet another substantial hurdle to overcome?

I'm new to all this tho, so feel free to ignore me :)

You will need:

Cutom made engine mounts

ECU from a Supra automatic to enable the engine and gearbox to talk.

If its from a manual supra you will need some more wiring doing to get the Supra ecu to talk to the auto altezza ecu

some bastardisation of the wiring loom

Uprated fuel pump - you might as well go after market for this

Intercooler and pipe work plumbing in

Coilovers for the car to take into account the weight difference on the engine - i suggest coilovers as these can be adjusted.

Next you need to look at will the alteza gearbox mate up with the engine? this is where the custome mounts will also pay

However if you are drpooing a supra box in then you will need new mounts for this, a new propshaft as i doubt the existing one will fit

Geometry will need resetting

I think you will be looking in the region of £3k-£4k labour for this work tbh

You parts list will be exspensive as well

As you can see I have been looking at this as well. I am going to stick with charging my current lump. With the head being high compression as it is you can only really go low boost

Have you considered one of blits supercharger kits - adds another 55bhp - but more importantly for our cars - massive addictive hit of torque all the way through the range. torque is where we struggle so will make the car completely different.

£3200 for a full bolt on kit for the auto - includes piggyback ecu, the charger, all wiring etc.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mike

labours not an issue as im a mechanic myself, just not sure on the parts id need for the conversion. im def goin to get the supra box tho as i cnt see the altezza one anywhere near close to fitting. already have coilovers so thats 1 less thing to buy :D think ill have to have the prop cut and fuse welded as i dnt want to risk it breaking. its just theres not alot of info on this conversion so after all the help and ideas i can get.

oh no, i wenrt sayin id do that myself wouldnt risk that. i no a company to get that done and its not that expensive. the wiring is gona be a issue as i cant stand it! think im just gona have to give it a go and see what happens

• 3 weeks later...

Just give steve from Silverline-Racing a call and they will guide you their number is 01902798779 or another option is that if you remember SPC Horsham and Wayne who used to work there who has the Supra Truck well I recently got contacted with him and we spoke about doing the conversion with my lexus doing 2JZ-GTE and also gearbox swap into my lexus with it all wired up for around the £7,000 mark which is not bad if you want to contact him his number is 07846750538.

Shaz.

thanks for your replys, tbh i do want to do the work myself as i am a mechanic anyway so i will save quite a bit that way. its just the parts i would need that i need the help/info on and thats mainley the engine mounts as i have a prop sorted oh and the 5 speed gearbox. got a complete engine for £1500 just got to find another car to drive so i can start work :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links