Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Major Problems (Well Problems) Since Service

Garysean

Hoping some 1 can help here, i got a full service done last week (all filters, oils, etc + the handbrake tightened) - My waterpump and timing belt were replaced 6 month ago as well btw

i was told my brake pads are near enough done and will need them replaced soon.

My cars a is200 Automatic 02 plate 59,000 miles on clock

now a week later im driving in Tesco and my car cut out, all the lights came on, steering locked and i almost crashed, turned the key started no problem, next day i was driving and i felt a loss of power as if it was cutting out i put my foot on the gas and everything was fine, car hasnt done same in 3 days but it was the start of y woes.

Today when i turn the steering wheel it makes a whining/scraping noise it sounds as if its either coming from the front left or rear left side of the car, i was driving for 3 hours last night temperatures were fine no dash lights on but there was a strong smell of burning from the front end of the car as if overheating.

I was told i had sweating from front left suspension as well. Could this be anything to do with the service ? really dosnt make sense as the car has been perfect for the two years ive had it and the mechanic said he had no concerns other than the brake pads, it's serviced twice a year s well

Indi Garage, same garage ive used for 4 year though, did my water pump and last two services without a problem. I'm with the full cover with AA ive been told to requuest a inspection any problems with it i take it to a Vat registered garage and they pay the costs, im going to give that a try, can a service cause all those problems though !?

Today when i turn the steering wheel it makes a whining/scraping noise it sounds as if its either coming from the front left or rear left side of the car, i was driving for 3 hours last night temperatures were fine no dash lights on but there was a strong smell of burning from the front end of the car as if overheating.

I don't think I would have continued driving for 3 hrs with "a strong smell of burning" - It would have been identified and remedial action taken.

Perhaps the burning was what was left of the pads burning into the discs or brake fluid from a damaged seal?

Or perhaps the burning was even more serious. I've seen the results of car fires and it isn't a pretty sight, especially when the occupant hasn't got out in time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update:

brake pads replaced, car hasnt cut out since, runnin like a dream (must have been the service/fuel addictive and engine flush that casued the burning smell as theres no sign of it.

Second inspection on Shockers etc all fine no sweating apparently, the clunking noise was due to ball joints or bearings (not sure what one it was) needing regreased cost me £20, cars noise free now was told theres no play in ball joints or wear.

so all in all some decent news !

Thanks for the help guys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links