Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Do My Hazard Lights Do This

Hi,

I have a 2002 GS 300 Lexus. Sometimes when I lock my car, instead of the hazard lights flashing twice, they flash about 5 times. Does any one one know the reason why. No problems with it otherwise.

Thanks.

My 430 flashes about 5 times too.....but only if I press the remote lock button three times. I discovered this when I accidentally pressed it 3 times instead of twice.

Have the remote button functions changed over the years? On my '99 Sport, 1 press of the lock button locks the doors, a second press seems to set the deadlocks. Not tried a third press. If I hold the lock or unlock buttons, the windows will open or close depending which button I am keeping pressed.

hi mate,

i know if i press mine twice it seems to be extra sensortive the alarm will go off yhe slightest virbration, 1 click is ok and yes my windows will open and close, but like you never tried 3 clicks? I got my car booked in at LEXUS friday so i will as them about it

Have the remote button functions changed over the years? On my '99 Sport, 1 press of the lock button locks the doors, a second press seems to set the deadlocks. Not tried a third press. If I hold the lock or unlock buttons, the windows will open or close depending which button I am keeping pressed.

no, mine is exactly as above, including windows and sunroof. if you press lock a third time hazards flash about 5 times. I did it accidentally and then pressed to unlock and then relock as I didnt know if third press deactivated alarm. I thought maybe the several flashes might be a warning or similar.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the third press(and 5 flashes) locks the car but disables the interior sensors - for those people that like to cook their dogs in their car.

Well asked the question a LEXUS yesterday about button clicks, and yes your right Tigerfish, 1 click locks doors and sets alarm, 2 clicks lock outside and inside and sets alarm, and yet mine dos seem to be extra senertive on 2 clicks? sorry i never asked about 3 clicks,

Well asked the question a LEXUS yesterday about button clicks, and yes your right Tigerfish, 1 click locks doors and sets alarm, 2 clicks lock outside and inside and sets alarm, and yet mine dos seem to be extra senertive on 2 clicks? sorry i never asked about 3 clicks,

Mine does nothing on a 3rd click. Maybe there are some dealer settable options?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links