Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Two Smelly Problems

Hi folks, hope you can help me out with two 'smell' related problems with my IS 250.

Absolutely love the car, which I bought from Lexus Hatfield a year ago.

Problem 1: The dealer offered me free GardX, which I took. Never had it before. The car still has an unpleasant 'chemical' smell inside. It's a sickly smell which I just can't get rid of. Tried wiping all the surfaces down, to no effect. Any suggestions, as it really is horrible? Would prefer to have a 'leather' smell, which my previous IS had.

Problem 2: The A/C fills the car with a bad smell on start up. Like 'cat pee' or sometimes rotting compost. When Lexus Tunbridge Wells serviced it recently, I asked them to clean it out, which they say they did. But again, the smell hasn't really gone away and can be embarrassing when giving someone a lift. 'Welcome to my Lexus, sorry about the cat pee smell'.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Justin

As above,replace the pollen filter and get yourself a DIY AC cleaner, this is an aerosol cleaner and you set the thing off inside the car with the AC on max code and then leave it for 10-15 minutes it disinfects the AC system and leaves the car smelling fresh,it may help remove the other smell you have too.

I think most supermarkets do them or a local car accessory shop, Aldi sometime have them for £1.99

Thanks for the suggestions. Still a bit annoyed as I paid Lexus Tunbridge Wells to do just that - have the system disinfected. Seems bad that I have to then do it myself again...

Hi folks, hope you can help me out with two 'smell' related problems with my IS 250.

Absolutely love the car, which I bought from Lexus Hatfield a year ago.

Problem 1: The dealer offered me free GardX, which I took. Never had it before. The car still has an unpleasant 'chemical' smell inside. It's a sickly smell which I just can't get rid of. Tried wiping all the surfaces down, to no effect. Any suggestions, as it really is horrible? Would prefer to have a 'leather' smell, which my previous IS had.

Problem 2: The A/C fills the car with a bad smell on start up. Like 'cat pee' or sometimes rotting compost. When Lexus Tunbridge Wells serviced it recently, I asked them to clean it out, which they say they did. But again, the smell hasn't really gone away and can be embarrassing when giving someone a lift. 'Welcome to my Lexus, sorry about the cat pee smell'.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Justin

Mine has got a chemical smell... i think it is more polluted inside rather than outside...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links