Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I Find Rx300 Error Codes

Hi,

I know someone with the RX300 and its recently had a service & two weeks later the vsc / engine warning lights appeared.

I've read a little on the sensors being knocked etc., but where exactly are these sensors & where can i find the info on how to diagnose the warning light?

I have a LS400, and the posts in that group clearly state how to wire up the socket and display the codes, & what each code means... is there anything similar for the RX300, i see lots of you know what your codes mean, but i cannot get a code until i know how to wire up the obd2 socket or whatever its real name is?? and i havn't looked at the car yet so i dont even know where the plug is.....

Any help would be great as this is not my car & I am not as brave as i would be with my own car...

I have looked thro several posts here but its becoming very time consuming and the searches are just informative rather than exactly what im looking for....

Thanks

Usually codes are generic, so the same code as you will find on a Ford that you also see on a Lexus will point to the same error/sensor.

For instance, code P1205 (i think) is for the EGR valve that quite a few diesels have.

The connector is usually 9/10 times close to the steering wheel/drivers side.

Get down on you hands and knees and look under the dash close to where your knees would go and look up. You will probably find it there. Its sometimes has a rubber cover on it.

Get a reader (i bought one of eBay for £30) and plug it in and turn your key.

It will come up with a code that you will be able search on the net to find what it is.

Some readers (like the one i have) actually show the code and the error message too.

Be aware though that a sensor can be effect by something else close by to it, so may not necessarily be the thing the message tells you is wrong.

For instance, on my old Saab the code said it was the EGR valve when in fact it was the swirl actuator that is next to the EGR.

BTW, the car will have MANY sensors, in various places.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links