Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My rear exhaust silencer boxes have just given up the ghost and I need to replace them.

It's not worth fitting Lexus replacements due to the age of the car so I am looking for a pair of aftermarket ones that perhaps give a more sporty exhaust note.

I don't want huge tail pipe outlets and would like something discreet.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look for replacements.

I have seen some stainless ones on eBay which are between 23 and 25 inches overall length with a 2.5 inch inlet pipe.

Can anyone advise me if these will fit or let me know where I may get some at a sensible price.

Thanks

be careful buying them from eBay, as alot of them are universal fitting and end up having to have the hangers welded on to them which means extra cost

may sound silly but check out there feedback to see if others have had issues with there exhusts,

i did this a few years back and had a nightmare getting it fitted, because i didnt check if others had issues

my girlfriends dad has a gs300 and was under there the other weekend fixing the exhust and i noticed that the back boxs are only short so if you are

going to go down this road make sure you measure the size from the joint to the tip of the tall pipe to see if they will fit,

also check that the joint fittings are the same,

if you manage to find one that fits could you forward me the link as his back boxes are on the way out as well thanks

hope this helps.

be careful buying them from ebay, as alot of them are universal fitting and end up having to have the hangers welded on to them which means extra cost

may sound silly but check out there feedback to see if others have had issues with there exhusts,

i did this a few years back and had a nightmare getting it fitted, because i didnt check if others had issues

my girlfriends dad has a gs300 and was under there the other weekend fixing the exhust and i noticed that the back boxs are only short so if you are

going to go down this road make sure you measure the size from the joint to the tip of the tall pipe to see if they will fit,

if you manage to find one that fits could you forward me the link as his back boxes are on the way out as well thanks

hope this helps.

Hi, it depends on what you want to spend, there where some on e bay from one being stipped down but you will have to take a chance on conndition, i was in same boat a few weeks back LEXUS wanted £1100 from cat back? so i decided to have stainless steel made from cat back with mid sport sound £400, they take your old one off and make it there and then and work from sizes of your old one it took them 4 hours, and am very pleased

Thanks for the replies.

It turned out that my boxes were ok but the curved inlet pipe on both was holed.

The metal is quite thick so I got them plug welded and plated for £30 for both so should last another couple of years!

What I did learn though is that aftermarket rear boxes need the inlet pipe modifying or a new piece of curved pipe welded in and are therefore not worth buying as this will treble the overall cost.

When mine finally go I am going to remove them and just have some straight pipe with the chrome tips fitted to look as standard as they are just there to quieten the exhaust note and nothing more.

I wanted a more 'rorty' exhaust note any way.

• 2 weeks later...

be careful buying them from ebay, as alot of them are universal fitting and end up having to have the hangers welded on to them which means extra cost

hope this helps.

Tony you are correct.

But I would like to add one more point, i.e.

Last year I fitted a bit loud exhusts, but quickly fed up with the amount of noise, because you are a human being, at one time you are in joly mood, you like noise etc. but other time you need some quiteness then that will be the time you will get mad, even though the noise in side cabin is still low, but it is constant noise.

You would net be able to enjoy music or a nice chit chat with some one.

I had to change them back to normal & they cost me 300 from quick fit inclusive of every thing.

Just my own experience that I am sharing with you.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links