Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Miq,

I changed the front discs and pads on my MK IV a few months ago, it was a doddle.

When you remove the pads be careful with the brake wear sensor wire, it is pretty fragile.

The calliper is in one piece held on by two bolts. The hardest part of the whole job was getting the calliper bolts undone, I suggest you give them a good dose of WD40 or similar a few days before you tackle the job. When I had the calliper off I used a cable tie to hang it from the front spring so it wasn't hanging on the flexi brake hose.

The discs are only held on by the wheel so there are no screws to worry about, mine came off with no problems at all.

Make sure you give the hub a really good clean before the new disc goes on or you will regret it later when the new disc warps.

When you fit the new pads use plenty of Copper Ease to stop the pads vibrating.

Job done, mine took about half an hour per side.

By the way, even after changing the pads twice in the last few months my brakes squeal like stuck pigs and I can't figure out how to stop it, I hope you don't have the same problem.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Steve.

We should have a "fix it meet" to sort these sort of things out.

We used to have them on the Omega Owners forum and it was great. A bunch of like minded people getting together to help sort each others niggles with the cars out.

We progressed this onto fitting cambelts and the like too.

Anyone up for it?

Mike

thanks for the info steve - i have already had a look at the caliper after your post and yes it looks stright forward enough - just waiting for the parts to turn up now

thanks once again

regards

miq

No problem,

glad to be able to help.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links