Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sevice And Cam Belt

Im due my full service, cam belt & MOT this January, but im going to get it done before the tax increase :) how much was your service? i was quoted £590 and another £45 for MOT what do you think? or should i try and get a cam belt from eBay?

Im due my full service, cam belt & MOT this January, but im going to get it done before the tax increase :) how much was your service? i was quoted £590 and another £45 for MOT what do you think? or should i try and get a cam belt from ebay?

Hi the belt is cheap part

Im due my full service, cam belt & MOT this January, but im going to get it done before the tax increase :) how much was your service? i was quoted £590 and another £45 for MOT what do you think? or should i try and get a cam belt from ebay?

Hi the belt is cheap part

If you are not getting Lexus to replace the cam belt, make sure the tensioner is replaced as well. There is a kit for it. £240 sounds quite good from a Lexus dealership.

I also had a quote from Lexus Bristol (Vicky from memory) recently for exactly the same work (cambelt, tensions, rings kit etc) and it was £270. they were very good and discount parts and labour (£80pphr) for cars over 5 years old. The parts which are sold as a kit were roughly (from memory) £129. I can't fault Lexus Bristol BTW, they were excellent.

There is a risk that the water pump will need replacing, which is roughly £250 + fitting + vat I believe, so you may want to budget for that.

I wouldn't buy the parts from eBay, I think a such a critical component which is relatively low value should be a genuine Lexus parts. If you save a £50 on parts and the belt snaps you'll be cursing.

Good luck .

CB

I also had a quote from Lexus Bristol (Vicky from memory) recently for exactly the same work (cambelt, tensions, rings kit etc) and it was £270. they were very good and discount parts and labour (£80pphr) for cars over 5 years old. The parts which are sold as a kit were roughly (from memory) £129. I can't fault Lexus Bristol BTW, they were excellent.

There is a risk that the water pump will need replacing, which is roughly £250 + fitting + vat I believe, so you may want to budget for that.

I wouldn't buy the parts from eBay, I think a such a critical component which is relatively low value should be a genuine Lexus parts. If you save a £50 on parts and the belt snaps you'll be cursing.

Good luck .

CB

You're quite right, it was Vicky. Very helpful and friendly. I guess I should be biting their hand off at that price then!

I was under the impression the IS cambelt was up for a change at 60k? Mine has only done 49k but they recommended I change it soon...

I think the cambelt needs changing every 6 years or 60,000 miles, so I think you're just about due. Better safe than Sorry!.

You'll also get a free safety report and a wash and vac. And the coffee's quite good too ;-)

Good luck.

CB

Good luck .

CB

Even if you do need to spend a bit more at Lexus, then I would think of it as an insurance premium should anything go wrong. As has already been said, that component is critical.

mine had only done 34,000 miles but is seven years old hence the 60,000 six year sevice and cam belt job i had carried out better be safe than sorry !!

Best book it in then.

Looks like everyone's getting lumps of coal for Christmas this year ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links