Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pollen Filter

The-Acre

I can't seem to find any info on this. Does anyone know if a 93 LS has a pollen filter? Someone said it's found at the back of the glove compartment via a removable panel but I don't seem to have one.

Thanks

Phil

I can't seem to find any info on this. Does anyone know if a 93 LS has a pollen filter? Someone said it's found at the back of the glove compartment via a removable panel but I don't seem to have one.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil

You've posted in the Engine & Transmission sub-forum. It would be better in the general forum for the LS. Most newbies have difficulty with navigation so no worries.

To show you the power here, I did a search in aforementioned LS forum and found the following which should help you identify the filter

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=20097&st=0&p=208779&hl=+pollen%20+filter&fromsearch=1entry208779

The link appears to be for the later model LS on the 1993/4 model you need to pull off the passenger side kick panel below the glove box ( it has a footwell light fitted into it so disconnect the bulb holder by twisting and pulling).

Put the passenger seat in the fully reclined position and lay with you head in the foot well,look up and you will see a black plastic box with 2 wing nuts on it,remove the wing nuts and pull off the bottom panel, reach in and remove the filter(s).

For some reason mine has 2 fitted in the box but this may be because it is an import,have a good look with a torch to see if yours is the same.

Make a mental note which way around the filter fits.

At over £40.00 from Lexus I have removed mine twice and washed them in soapy water,rinsed,allowed to dry naturally,sprayed with air freshener and refitted.

Also buy yourself an Air Conditioning aerosol cleaner to disinfect the AC system but bear in mind with the current low temperatures the AC may not kick in.

The link appears to be for the later model LS on the 1993/4 model you need to pull off the passenger side kick panel below the glove box ( it has a footwell light fitted into it so disconnect the bulb holder by twisting and pulling).

Put the passenger seat in the fully reclined position and lay with you head in the foot well,look up and you will see a black plastic box with 2 wing nuts on it,remove the wing nuts and pull off the bottom panel, reach in and remove the filter(s).

For some reason mine has 2 fitted in the box but this may be because it is an import,have a good look with a torch to see if yours is the same.

Make a mental note which way around the filter fits.

At over £40.00 from Lexus I have removed mine twice and washed them in soapy water,rinsed,allowed to dry naturally,sprayed with air freshener and refitted.

Also buy yourself an Air Conditioning aerosol cleaner to disinfect the AC system but bear in mind with the current low temperatures the AC may not kick in.

Thanks both for the info, looks like I have an earlier 93. I'll check it out when the 12" of snow covering it melts. Having driven the Lexus in the snow last winter, I opted this week for a front wheel drive Vauxhall!!

PS

Is it just me or is this site quite difficult to navigate?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links