Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

Any one had a 100,000 mile service from Lexus? If you have can you please tell me what you paid and what was done.

My car is at 91k and will be due the timing belt change with tensioners water pump etc and I just wanted an idea of the cost involved.

Thanks

Ifty

I'm guessing your have a VVT Mk4, as previous cars had cambelt intervals of 63k.

At a main dealer, you're probably looking at £800-£1000.

Its a 2002 51 plate LS430 if that helps.

I thought it might be as much as £1000

Hello,

What a co incidence!

I have collected my 430 this morning from Lexus Wolverhampton having had done a 100K/10year service. The car is a 2001 and has done 80K so done 5 months early.

The service included:

Oil

Oil filter

Air filter

Air Con filters

Diff oil change

Coolant change

Brake fluid change

Wiper rubbers replaced

Remote Battery replaced

AND

TIMING BELT REPLACED

Total cost £516.21 which I thought was very reasonable considering some of the horror stories i've heard about £400+ just for the cam belt change.

The service was excellent and I was provided with a virtually brand new RX450H for 24 hours whilst the job was done.

I would certainly recommend this dealership.

Pete

Hello,

What a co incidence!

I have collected my 430 this morning from Lexus Wolverhampton having had done a 100K/10year service. The car is a 2001 and has done 80K so done 5 months early.

The service included:

Oil

Oil filter

Air filter

Air Con filters

Diff oil change

Coolant change

Brake fluid change

Wiper rubbers replaced

Remote battery replaced

AND

TIMING BELT REPLACED

Total cost £516.21 which I thought was very reasonable considering some of the horror stories i've heard about £400+ just for the cam belt change.

The service was excellent and I was provided with a virtually brand new RX450H for 24 hours whilst the job was done.

I would certainly recommend this dealership.

Pete

This is a very big coincidence Pete as I was looking at Wolverhampton Lexus. They are the closest lexus dealers tome as I live in Dudley. The price is very good but I want to get my water pump done at the same time. Who did you speak to at Lexus Wolverhampton.

Sounds like a bargain to me. I bottled out of a full Lexus service and cambelt change when Lexus Carlisle quoted £950. and that was 2 1/2 years ago. Seems the resession has had an impact.

PS; my Lexus was originally supplies by Lexus Wolverhampton. I think it had a different name back in 93.

Hello again,

Ifty, nice to have a fellow club member so near.

I'd originally spoke to a lady who I think was Madelaine who gave me the price and booked the car in.

Having asked previously I was assured that they check the pump for wear and advise if they consider it needs replacing. It appears to have been more of a problem on the 400 than the 430. Incidently the total labour charge was for 2.8 hours--I thought the belt replacement alone was supposed to have taken longer than this? Therefore I wouldn't think the labour costs would be much more for the pump to be changed as the belt is off and the coolant drained anyway. I think Iv'e seen water pumps around £100.

Sir John, It appears that Lexus dealers do "special" rates for older cars, don't know how long this has applied but I'm grateful that is does. On the invoice it shows all the list prices for the parts and then gives a 20% discount off them all except for the oil.

Pete

If it was an LS400, you would have paid this for the belt replacement alone.

For those of us who have paid a fortune for the belt job, draw comfort from the fact that the A/C compressor is serviceable and that the more modern cars have a clutchless and unserviceable compressor which costs circa £1700 to replace. Win some etc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links