Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I200 / Is200 - Is There A Difference?

blued

Hi all I'm new to the forum :)

My mother has a 2001 Lexus IS200 Sport which has just failed its MOT on the drivers seatbelt. It is badly frayed. She called Lexus and they want £300 or so. I've found a local breaker who has one for a 1999 I200. I've searched the net and the few references I find always bring up a picture of an IS200, some even with the badge in clear view! I found a post on this forum about one that says I200 in the title and then goes on to say IS200 in the message so probably a typo?

So can anyone confirm that the I200/IS200 is the same car before I order the seatbelt?

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure that would be a typo mate unless they were on about a completely different marque. i.e. is it Hyundai that have an I20 or something, and someone is getting confused. There is only the IS200 or Altezza (The Toyota import equivelent) as far as I know.

They definitely have it in as Lexus and as i200. I doubt they managed to file a Mitsubishi L200 seatbelt under a Lexus IS200! Hopefully it is right because the car has to go back in for the MOT on Wednesday and the part arrives on Tuesday :huh:

dont think itll fit....the old ones ie a 99 is200 had diff air bag connectors(i had to change all the airbag connectors on the seat belts and extend the wiring)and the detinator was on the wrong side which means it wont fit in the hole with out a very big hammer also the buckle wont fit in the stalk i done a full Interior/seat belt swap on mine and it was a mare!!

easyest way to check is compair the buckle with yours if its diff then it wont fit.....and dont think you can just ask the boy to send you the stalk out that wont fit either as the wiring is diff!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links