Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Wont Run After Snow

dbrady01

Hi All.

I hope you can help sort my problem out.

My is200 has been sitting in the snow for the last week and a half it started fine after 3 days and i let it run for about 1o minutes. I went to start it yesterday and it started straight away then died i tried it a few nmoer time and the same thing happened. I tried pressing the accelaration but it makes no differance.

I will chug for a bout 3 second reach about 1000 rpm then die and let of a slight backfire.If i pump the accelarator before starting it will get to 2000 rpms and die

There is no chance of getting it to a garage as the area i live in is still covered in snow and ice.

Any help please

if it was mine id keep restarting it and let it run as long as possible , then when it cuts out restart again etc , try to get the engine to come up to normal temperature and let it idle ,, if theres water or ice anywhere it should dry off once it gets up to operating temperature

thanks,

i removed the spark plugs today and will get new ones tomorrow. 4 out of the 6 were covered in soot and looked in bad shape.

Would bad plugs causes this problem ????

can spark plugs be good enough to start the car for a few seconds but not good enough to keep it running

Unlikely, but they may foul if fuel isn't burning, have you thought of water in the fuel ( melted snow ). Did the car freeze in the cold, i.e. is the antifreeze mixture OK?

Hi,

The antifreez in the rad is fine and did not freeze. I checked it a few times to make sure it didnt freeze.

I will replace the plugs tonight and see what happens if that does not sort it out i will have to call a tow truck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links