Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Fobs For An Is200

hi guys,

im disappointed as i have just put brand new batteries in the key fobs to my is200 and thay still not registering and locking or unlocking the car.

have had a look on internet but do not know why they are not working,

any ideas :crybaby:

hi,might sound silly but were they working before you changed the batteries?does the red light flash when you press the buttons?normally you shouldnt have any problems if just changing batteries,changed mine on my 1st IS 200 with no problems.Having read your second post you might have to try reprogramming it,that is assuming you have got one that works.

I just acquired an IS200 SE that came with only 2 master key fobs. Both start the car but the wireless entry buttons on the keys for the doors/boot don't work. The central locking cannot be activated with the key in the drivers door lock, I would have been happy to live with that. Is there any way the keys can be re-programmed. I might consider installing a car alarm with a central locking interface to enable remote locking (I bought the car cheap because of this prob).

hi there,

thanks for your response.

yeah the red light was faint before changing them and now the light flashes brightly. any ideas on how to reprogram keys? i found a link on here but didnt have much luck :crybaby:

hi,sent you a pm a few days ago,did you try it?

Hi

sorry didnt get back to you its been a busy few days.

i have tried several different variations of the reprogramming that i have managed to find, however the locks never activate to let me know that I am successful. I really dont know why they are not working. :angry:

it sounds like a minor problem considering I have bought it for 1300 pounds but it is so frustrating! :duh:

Hi

i have tried several different variations of the reprogramming that i have managed to find, however the locks never activate to let me know that I am successful. I really dont know why they are not working. :angry:

it sounds like a minor problem considering I have bought it for 1300 pounds but it is so frustrating! :duh:

Hi did you try the one I sent you then?you might need to buy a new transponder if every thing else fails to get it to work and programme it using the guide I sent you.

Hi

Hi did you try the one I sent you then?you might need to buy a new transponder if every thing else fails to get it to work and programme it using the guide I sent you.

can u send me the guide scudney, i'll try it with my 2 non-working masters

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am having the same problem. I went to Lexus Swindon whom said they couldn't reprogram it. I find it a bit odd as the key worked before and the batteries run out. I used the second key which works fine but have changed the batteries on the original key today (albeit 7 months later) and the LED flashes but it doesn't lock/unlock the car. They advised me to get a new key (at £164.00) but would like to avoid that cost. Has anyone found a way of fixing this problem?

Nik

Hi, I am having the same problem. I went to Lexus Swindon whom said they couldn't reprogram it. I find it a bit odd as the key worked before and the batteries run out. I used the second key which works fine but have changed the batteries on the original key today (albeit 7 months later) and the LED flashes but it doesn't lock/unlock the car. They advised me to get a new key (at £164.00) but would like to avoid that cost. Has anyone found a way of fixing this problem?

Nik

hi,there must be some other problem with it, I have three sets of keys and yesterday noticed that the red light on my 2 button key fob was dead and wasnt flashing or opening the car(last used it about 5 months ago)so just went out earlier today and bought 2 batteries and changed the old one and guess what pressto its worked 1st time.

Nik

hi,there must be some other problem with it, I have three sets of keys and yesterday noticed that the red light on my 2 button key fob was dead and wasnt flashing or opening the car(last used it about 5 months ago)so just went out earlier today and bought 2 batteries and changed the old one and guess what pressto its worked 1st time.

Just found it a bit odd that's all from working order to non functional. It only been kept a file cabinet and never been knocked.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links