Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error3 Fixed

Moore200

Hi Guys,

I had a bit of luck this evening with my Error3-ridden CD changer.... It now works again!!! This may or may not be useful.

After a minor collision a few months ago the dreaded, and apparently ubiquitous, Error3 blighted my CD changer (2001 Y-reg IS200 SE). I've tried several times over the last couple of months to revive it, but without luck. I have read extensively on this forum that Error3 means game over, so I was on the verge of buying a GROM adaptor. But then....

I went out to the car this evening to clear out some rubbish and, for some reason, tried the CD changer (CD's still in from 3 months ago). At first the Error3 was displayed and, as usual, I couldn't eject any disks. Then I cycled through the disks from 1-6, then pressed 'disk up' again which took it from disk-6 to disk-1.... A lot of whirring. Then immediately back from disk-1 to disk-6 by pressing 'disk down'. I don't know why I bothered, but when it finally loaded disk-6 the music began to play. I tried all other disk and they work fine!

Given what I've read I found this odd... I'll have a play with it on the run to work in the morning and see if it still works. Does anyone know if this is likely to be just a temporary thing which will go wrong in the near future? Has anyone else managed to revive an Error3 CD changer (I haven't read of anything like this)? Am I getting prematurely excited...? I have no idea what Error3 represents, but perhaps stressing the CD changer mechanism jolted it back into action...?

Maybe this is of help to some of you.

Regards,

Rob

I cant think why it would just start working again by itself, but i had and error 3 message i took the stereo apart and found one of the disk carriers was twisted and out of its runner. I took all the carriers out inspected them swapped them around and its been absolutely fine since.

If its still working for you now then i dont see why it wont continue to work.

Mine broke because i hit a dip in the road at speed just as it was changing disk so aslong as your not unlucky like that it could be fine

I just have the error 1 message alot but only with certain cds (not copys) very annoying

• 4 weeks later...

I,v had the Error3 before, took it out stripped it, still working fine 2years on!

I,v even bought an Error3 for less than a £10 to fix, so that if it goes again i can just replace with the bought one and fix mine at my leisure!

Saying that it throws up Error1 a few times (not able to read disk!), but i just turn it off then back on and its fine!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links