Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Price Help, My First Post!

Hi all,

Need your expertise opinions:

I am looking at a Lexus RX300, it's an SE-L, year 2004, with 126K, dark Grey.

Good points:

It has new cambelt, new front brakes, new LPG system (with 2 years warranty), new front tyres, body work clean. Full service history.

Bad points:

Electric tail gate doesn't work.

Asking price £8250.

Is this a good price? I am more concern about the mileage, will it be a bit too high? Or Lexus is built like Toyota, mileage is not an issue as long as properly serviced.

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome !

I cannot really comment on the price, best to compare this by going onto Autotrader on line (but I think you have done that, as I think I see your car advertised !!). One point to note, due to it being over 100k miles, you will not be able to take out a genuine Lexus Warranty, as they only provide warranties to cars up to seven years old and 100k miles. Hope this helps.

All,

Are these cars prone to suspension wear and tear if they are over 100k? One thing I am worry about is the air suspension. What's the verdict? Are they expensive to replace? Do they often need replacement?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome !

I cannot really comment on the price, best to compare this by going onto Autotrader on line (but I think you have done that, as I think I see your car advertised !!). One point to note, due to it being over 100k miles, you will not be able to take out a genuine Lexus Warranty, as they only provide warranties to cars up to seven years old and 100k miles. Hope this helps.

If it is the one on Autotrader a quick scan in the list, £8-9k, shows some RXs at half the mileage, is it the LPG you wanted? There's a nice one at 53k miles, 2 owner and FLH, and I presume the tailgate works as it's mentioned in the ad!

My car is an 04 SEL (64k miles). Had it nearly 5 years pretty much trouble free but in the last year have had a few issues though: new motor for sun roof, leaking air suspension, error3/4 on CD player. Mechanic of the car been fine though and it is such a practical car, but if I am honest I am hoping to change it in the next 6 - 12 months or so.

My car is an 04 SEL (64k miles). Had it nearly 5 years pretty much trouble free but in the last year have had a few issues though: new motor for sun roof, leaking air suspension, error3/4 on CD player. Mechanic of the car been fine though and it is such a practical car, but if I am honest I am hoping to change it in the next 6 - 12 months or so.

Thanks, did the air suspension cost you a lot to repair?

Hello and welcome !

If it is the one on Autotrader a quick scan in the list, £8-9k, shows some RXs at half the mileage, is it the LPG you wanted? There's a nice one at 53k miles, 2 owner and FLH, and I presume the tailgate works as it's mentioned in the ad!

Well I would say mileage is not an issue if the RX300 are generally bulletproof as long as they are properly taken care of. Thats why I post up here to get general view on them. I have a VW at the moment and you need to replace the rubber bushes every now and then so just want to get some overview of the RX300, such as most likely things to fail for a 6-7 years car and cost to repair etc. Thanks.

Thanks, did the air suspension cost you a lot to repair?

Afraid I don't know. I am lucky that a perk of my job is that my car is fully maintained by my firm. So I never get to see teh actual bills they just go to the maintainance company. I supsect it wa several hundred £'s though. To be honest I hadn't noticed the leak.

Air suspension can be very difficult to put right, especially through Lexus (think around £2k). I'm sure a couple of threads have been posted on here about the issues and costs ;)

Emmm... thats what I am worry about... Have to think twice then, or go for the SE version, no air but cheaper if things go wrong.

Thanks.

Hi,

I thought air suspension always come with electric tailgate as part of SE-L but one SE I looked at only have electric tailgate but no button for air suspension, does it means that electric tailgate is an option for SE? And all SE are with standard suspension?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links