Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help With Key!

Hi all. I got in the car today and the key completely came out of the fob and stuck in the ignition. I managed to get it out with a pair of pliers from the boot tool hit. I have known the key wasn't the best as I have superglued it together twice. I am now using the second key at the moment (the one with no boot button). Obviously I could just superglue the key back together again but this is only delaying the inevitable and really a new key is needed. I have checked all my books and can find no engine code. I know a new key from Lexus will be expensive so am just wondering more in hope than anything else if there is a cheaper option?? Cheers

Gareth

i had a similar prob when i bought my is200 a few weeks ago

the owner only had one key, which was stucktogether with superglue........

bought a good quality blank key £15 from fleabay

went to a local key cutter, told him i wanted the blade cut to match

my cruddy original.they ask where you got it from,as they do a better quality

one! for (in my case £45.no thank you), tell them you got it from lexus!

he then cut it for £15,going on and on about it may not work, theirs is better

blah blah......

then carefully open and remove case get at transponder,(i had to very careful

as the superglue had worked its way into the case as well...

then just swap it over to your new case,and bobs your auntie

£30 is a lot better than, sit down while i tell you the price from mr lexus!!!!!!

regards johnboy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links