Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Lamps And Clear Bunper Lights

LA_SC430

I was hoping someone could tell me how I can replace the bulbs in the Fog Lamps of a 2002 SC 430. Do I have to remove the whole bumper or do I just pop them out? If so, any ideas how?

Also I had custom front bumper side markers made on my car (orange to clear). Now I need to figure out how to replace them. Can someone help me on this too?

Thanks.

LA_SC430,

Hi,I managed to crack one of the orange side bumper reflectors.So went into a Lexus dealer who told me it was necessary to remove the inside wheelarch protection to remove the reflector itself.Not a 2 minute job. :crybaby:

Sorry dont know about the fog lamp bulbs.

Cheers,

Buzz.

I was hoping someone could tell me how I can replace the bulbs in the Fog Lamps of a 2002 SC 430. Do I have to remove the whole bumper or do I just pop them out? If so, any ideas how?

Also I had custom front bumper side markers made on my car (orange to clear). Now I need to figure out how to replace them. Can someone help me on this too?

Thanks.

sorry if this isnt relevant

but on my IS200 you have to remove (or loosen enough to get access) the wheel arch liner, this is a couple of plastic plug type thingys

then the lamp is accessible by twisting the lamp holder at the rear of the fog lamp

shouldnt take more than about 15mins

theres no point pulling them out from the front(if you can) because the wiring doesnt have enough length to come fully out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LA_SC430 , I just upgraded my foglights, on my SC400 2 months ago. Once you get the splashguard down the foglight will be enclosed, with a circular plastic cap. I believe you turn it counter clock-wise to open the casing. This will give you access to the bulb and socket.

My problems began here, trying to disconnect the wire from the socket. The foglight wire fits snug into the socket. I had to wiggle and tug, until I jarred it loose.

NOTE *disconnect the wire from the socket before you open the clasp. This keeps the bulb in place and out of your way. To open the clasp, I believe you push down and it will unfasten. Hopefully it's the same for your SC430? Good Luck!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links