Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heating Problem In Is200

B_I_T_O

Hi guys.

I've been reading some similar topics to this one now, and I don't seem to get what the problem is. I'll explain.

Some months ago, I stupidly overheated the car because I didn't check the water for a long time. He overheated until the red in the meter, and I stopped the engine ride away. Waited, filled it with water, went to my mechanic, he replaced with proper cooling liquid, and off I go.

Some weeks passed, and he overheated again. Solved the problem again, and the mechanic checked that the radiator was leaking. So I tested it. Toke it for a spin of 200kms, more than 150km/h average, and stopped and checked the water. Almost half was gone. Did it again, but with 130km/h average speed, and was a bit more than half. I tough this was one of the problems that one of the topics said about a little bent that connects a tube of the waterpump or vice-versa.

So I ordered a OEM waterpump and radiator, to take the problem down. Installed it.

Now the car doesn't overheat, BUT, it makes that bubble sound inside the car, like there's water in the circuit, and the mechanic said that he did the bleeding. And when the engine is cold, the exhaust releases water vapor when I stop in the traffic lights, and when the temp warms up to normal position, the vapor stops. But either cold or normal temperature, everytime I stop with the engine working, idleling, when I put first gear and the car goes, it makes the bubble sound, and this is everytime, even in a 1 hour journey.

Can you guys help me to solve this? Now I'm constantly afraid that the car overheats, and I hate that feeling. Forgot to mention that my car is almost with 300,000kms, wich is almost 200,000 miles.

Maybe is the headgasket?

Ive got the same problem

Bubbling noise is either one of two, low coolant or airlock.

If there is no airlock you must be loosing coolant

In my case the coolant is presurized and forced through the overflow pipe

Im loosing half a gallon over 20 odd miles

For now i keep it topped, it does not overheat, but does make the bubling noise

when the coolant is low

My symtoms unfortunatly leads to the headgasket

In my opinion as you said the car reached max hot, this is where you must have caused

some damage to the headgasket

The car will still drive but you will need to change it at some point & get the head skimmed

Best option is to get a pressure test done from a garage

sounds like air is traped in your system. maybe try to stop on a hill with your front up, or jack the front up as high as you can. then fill your coolant, rev the engine, fill again, 'pump' radiator hoses, fill again, slowly squeeze the top radiator hose and youll see bubbles coming out, fill again and hope it works :)

• 2 months later...

Hi again! Thank you for the answers, I was absent for some time.

About the car, I haven't done that stop in the hill and try to take out the bubbles, but I will do it soon.

Just some more things that are odd in my situation:

A/C off - it takes normal time to heat, goes to 90 degrees and stays there. After some miles runned, the car, even it's normal temperature, outside it smells a tiny bit of overheating.

A/C on - it rarely reaches the 90 degrees, it normally stays at 75 degrees. Is this normal? Shouldn't the A/C make the engine run with a bit more effort?

I have made a test, the radiator water is always on top, but the reservoir tank goes down with a few miles run, like a reservoir tank for 40 miles.

I know that the problem has a 90% chance of being the headgasket, but if it is, I might just well make an engine swap... Switch with another 1G-FE or find some 2JZ-GE from a IS300. Is it hard to make a IS300 swap?

Thanks again guys!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links