Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys,

Ive just bought a mk3 having previously owned a mk4, Its weird going backwards through the models theres already a lot you miss... like how it doesnt just sit there spinning the rear wheels when you put your foot down and the mk3 isnt as confident negotiating roundabouts. you get a real feeling from the mk3 that its about to lose the rear end. im sure my last mk3 had a traction control button near the Headlight washer switch but this one hasnt.

However there are some phone controls on the steering column that look like factory fitted. and the phone has obviously been removed but there is no obvious wiring/power to where its been removed. Was it Bluetooth if so it might still work. any idea how to set it up a pair with phone.

Guys,

Ive just bought a mk3 having previously owned a mk4, Its weird going backwards through the models theres already a lot you miss... like how it doesnt just sit there spinning the rear wheels when you put your foot down and the mk3 isnt as confident negotiating roundabouts. you get a real feeling from the mk3 that its about to lose the rear end. im sure my last mk3 had a traction control button near the Headlight washer switch but this one hasnt.

However there are some phone controls on the steering column that look like factory fitted. and the phone has obviously been removed but there is no obvious wiring/power to where its been removed. Was it Bluetooth if so it might still work. any idea how to set it up a pair with phone.

Hi. I can't remember if TC was an option on MKIII's, it certainly wasn't standard. I've only seen it on MKIV's and newer.

Similarly, I don't recall the MKIII having BT technology. If there were any signs of wiring it would be in or below the centre console and behind the boot lining. Mine's an early MKIII and non of these new fangled gadgets are on it. It does have pump-up tires and see-through windows but thats it. :tomato:

so i might have to slow down a bit then or learn to drive round corners again!

I also miss the touch screen, the Dashboard average mileage, Estimated arrival time, and Estimated range left in the tank indicators and worst of all the auto headlights not only do they not turn themselfs off when you pull the Key, they dont even turn on when it gets dark ! if ive lost the Auto dimming mirrors as well I dont know how ill cope ...

Turns out the Mk4 was a hell of an improvement on the MK3. I Need to save up for a 430/460

Cheers

so i might have to slow down a bit then or learn to drive round corners again!

I also miss the touch screen, the Dashboard average mileage, Estimated arrival time, and Estimated range left in the tank indicators and worst of all the auto headlights not only do they not turn themselfs off when you pull the Key, they dont even turn on when it gets dark ! if ive lost the Auto dimming mirrors as well I dont know how ill cope ...

Turns out the Mk4 was a hell of an improvement on the MK3. I Need to save up for a 430/460

Cheers

How easy we forget and take new things for granted very quickly.

Mike

Re loosiing grip on roundabouts; id put that down to tyres. Mine has never lost grip. Im on Avon ZX and they have already done about 18k miles.

as for the otehr stuff you are missing, i had all that on my Renault Megan Privelage 53 plate.

Nice car but its not a Lexus.

PS: mine has the phone controls on the steering wheel. The original Lexus phone was still fitted when i bought he car. It was in the centre arm rest. I took it out and there is no sign it was there.

Good tyres is the place to start. I source the dunlop D8Z 's when i renew , they seem to be not to grippy (lol in the wet) but very quiet.

If back end seems to slide happy , it is worth having the camber checked as its all adjustable in the mk3&4.

not having a slipping diff does make it tail happy.

RE the traction control , iirc it was an optional extra for the mk3.

Hi. I can't remember if TC was an option on MKIII's, it certainly wasn't standard. I've only seen it on MKIV's and newer.

If you look in the MK3 handbook, the TC button is shown, but only on the LHD dashboard layout.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links