Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Strict Is The Finance Company?

Hi,

I would like to know I anyone has had any experience when returning cars to Lexus finance. Do they normally charge for even the smallest imperfections or are they quite lenient on the condition of the car? Do they charge dealership rates for repairs?

Hi, I have just experienced this after terminating my finance contract at the halfway point, as I was doing too many miles and to reach full term, I would have had to pay thousands in excess mileage. My IS250 SR had hit 35,500 miles, and I had paid half the finance figure, meaning I could terminate with no hidden fees and return the car.

Lexus finance arranged for Manhiem Auctions to come and inspect / collect the car. The car was in perfect condition, except for 5 x stone chips on the bonnet. All of which had been treated with the Lexus supplied touch up kit.

The inspector gave me an invoice for £135 due to these chips claiming this wasn't general wear and tear. I signed his form but had it noted that I did not accept the figure quoted, which was for the full respray /finish of the bonnet.

A few days later I get an invoice from Lexus Finance for the £135.

I wrote to say I was in dispute with the figure. Gave detail of my experience of over 4x Lexus I have owned, and the fact that even Lexus resell cars with touched up stone chips. Even the Manhiem rep suggested that Lexus paint was considered too hard, and thus chips easily.

A few days later I get a call saying the invoice was now nil, and I did not need to pay.

Do I would recommend that you tidy up your car as much as possible, as they seem keen on charging for the most minor thing. If they can get away with it, they will.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just experienced this after terminating my finance contract at the halfway point, as I was doing too many miles and to reach full term, I would have had to pay thousands in excess mileage. My IS250 SR had hit 35,500 miles, and I had paid half the finance figure, meaning I could terminate with no hidden fees and return the car.

Lexus finance arranged for Manhiem Auctions to come and inspect / collect the car. The car was in perfect condition, except for 5 x stone chips on the bonnet. All of which had been treated with the Lexus supplied touch up kit.

The inspector gave me an invoice for £135 due to these chips claiming this wasn't general wear and tear. I signed his form but had it noted that I did not accept the figure quoted, which was for the full respray /finish of the bonnet.

A few days later I get an invoice from Lexus Finance for the £135.

I wrote to say I was in dispute with the figure. Gave detail of my experience of over 4x Lexus I have owned, and the fact that even Lexus resell cars with touched up stone chips. Even the Manhiem rep suggested that Lexus paint was considered too hard, and thus chips easily.

A few days later I get a call saying the invoice was now nil, and I did not need to pay.

Do I would recommend that you tidy up your car as much as possible, as they seem keen on charging for the most minor thing. If they can get away with it, they will.

Thanks for the letting me know your experience. I will be returning mine in a week's time, so I'll let everyone know how it goes. Mine is being collected by Manheim as well.

• 3 weeks later...

So the Manheim inspector came and collected my car. He noted 4 items that needed repair: one alloy wheel, two panels and a dent on the roof. Total cost of repairs: £288. I wrote to Lexus stating the reasons why I disagreed with the charges, and they replied telling me the invoice would be cancelled and I had nothing to pay B) . Quite happy with Lexus Financial Services, as I have heard some horror stories from other finance companies, especially Mercedes Benz FS charging their customers thousands for ridiculous things! For others returning their cars, just make sure there is no obvious damage or big dents and that the tyres are UK legal, and you should be ok.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links