Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gold Membership What Benefits

Hi Guys

Went to Lexus Wolverhampton today to get a quote on the 100,000 mile service on my LS430. I currently have 97,687 miles on it.

I got the following quotes for the service £490.00 for the service, £349 for the timing belt service and an extra £100.98 if I wanted the waterpump done aswell.

I told them I was a Gold member and the lady refused to acknowledge our club. I am sure when I joined that I was to get 15% of labour and parts but no joy with Lexus Wolverhampton. She did say she would speak to the service manager if I came back in the afternoon. Lets see what happens.

Any ideas guys if I am right or wrong on the discount side. i have a full lexus stamped history and I want it to stay like that.

Regards

Ifty

Hi,

Lexus, Wolverhampton on Bilston Road are listed as a participating dealer. I would chase them about this.

I receive a 15% discount from Lexus Reading and to my knowledge, that's how it should be.

Thanks

Mike

as for lexus wolverhampton you need to speak to darren moore or the work shop manager is darran woods they will work something out for you but discount was only given when it was hartwell it is now charles clark and they are not giving free mots now but i have it in writing so it still stands with me best of luck :whistling: neil

I spoke to them again and Madaleine who gave Pete a quote in Dec 10 for £516 for full service and cambelt told me NO from the service manager and said NO to giving me the same price as Pete. They just would not budge. So I either fork out £900 or pass the business to another dealer in the Midlands.

Any advice

Ifty

Hello,

Just got out the invoice from 3/12/10 to confirm total charge of £516.21 for the 10year/100k service which includes the timing belt change. My car is a 2001 and on the bill it records the mileage as 80068. Could it be that as your car is that much newer it doesn't qualify for what I assumed was a special price for the 10 year service? --- if so it seems weird. Wonder if they simply made a mistake in my favour, but then again it was nearly 2 weeks from the quote to having the work done so I'd have thought it would have been spotted.

I must admit that I was so pleased/amazed with the price I didn't ask for any further discount.

Incidentlty Ifty having seen your car (top of Himley Road)-great number plate.

Pete

Hi Pete

I did mention you and Madeleine did check the records. The prices I was quoted was after the 20% discount but she would not match your price. She told me that you spoke with the service manager to get that deal.

I have had the number plate since 1999 on my IS200 and now its on the LS. Should get together someday when you are free. I never thought I would have members living so close by.

I called Lexus Bham and they quoted £716.16p for a full 100k service including timing belt and all parts and VAT. They then gave me a further 15% for being a GOLD MEMBER of this club. So total price is £608.74 for the service which is only £90 odd more than Pete paid at Lexus Wolverhampton in December 2010.

Well done Lexus Bham and well don Liyanne (sorry if I spelt it wrong).

Regards

Ifty

That's not right. I spoke to Madelaine who told me the price and said that included the belt change. When I said "that price includes the cam belt?" she said hang on while I check then came back and confirmed it. I did not speak to the service manager or any one else til I took in the car. On my arrival the paperwork was completed and I confirmed the price. Later in the day someone (can't remember the name but Martin seems to rind a bell)rang to say the car was ready for collection and that only extra work was for two wiper rubbers which i was not charged any extra for.

The only other person I saw was a salesman when I col;lected the car on the saturday morning.

I am thinking that someone got it wrong and they don't want to say so.

Glad you got sorted out at Birmingham, think I'll give them a ring when next service due though to be fair I've never had any problems with Wolverhampton- been going there 5 years-and Birmingham have always quoted more in the past.

Pete

Yes Steve I am a Gold member. I have had the keyring card come through ages ago. I dont know why its not against my name but I have to present the card to Bham to get the discount anyway.

Pete Madeleine definately said you spoke to the manager. Maybe it is because you are an existing customer. I to was a customer of both Wolverhampton and Birmingham Lexus when I had my IS200 way back say 10 years. I always thought Bham were better.

The early IS200 had a cd and SAT NAV issue which lexus decided to give an extra few years warranty on (I found this out later when it was too late). I had taken the car to Wolverhampton lexus for the 60k, 70k and 80k services and told them about the issue on each service only to be told it was fine. In the end I stripped the SAT NAV myself and fixed it.

So looks like its BHAM Lexus for me for my LS430, GS430 Sport and my brothers GS300 SE and IS200 SE.

regards

Ifty

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links