Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Misfire?

I am driving an IS200. Recently had an overheated engine due to a cracked radiator. Radiator got replaced but then the ignition coils started giving problems. Replaced the cracked ones and everything was going well. The car started to misfire or idle jittery again. Replaced all coils and not 1 cracked 1 but the engine is still misfiring/idling jittery. Can anybody please tell me what is wrong?

I am driving an IS200. Recently had an overheated engine due to a cracked radiator. Radiator got replaced but then the ignition coils started giving problems. Replaced the cracked ones and everything was going well. The car started to misfire or idle jittery again. Replaced all coils and not 1 cracked 1 but the engine is still misfiring/idling jittery. Can anybody please tell me what is wrong?

well. your not gonna beleive this, BUT, i didnt notice my radiator leak, engine light came on, Traction caontrol light started flashing, then i notice the temp gauge was stone cold, pulled over bonnet up and black smoke coming from back of engine?? or bottom of rad? replaced the rad with brand new one today ( 18/07/2011) now the bloody engine miss fires and shakes like hell, it was gut less on test drive, engine light still flasing, booking it into my mates garage tomorrow. will keep you posted if poss. good luck

Gary

well. your not gonna beleive this, BUT, i didnt notice my radiator leak, engine light came on, Traction caontrol light started flashing, then i notice the temp gauge was stone cold, pulled over bonnet up and black smoke coming from back of engine?? or bottom of rad? replaced the rad with brand new one today ( 18/07/2011) now the bloody engine miss fires and shakes like hell, it was gut less on test drive, engine light still flasing, booking it into my mates garage tomorrow. will keep you posted if poss. good luck

Gary

I know exactly what you mean, Gary. Same happened to me (all the lights and gutless run). Well, I took my car in over the weekend and they confirmed to me that the one (new) ignition coil that I replaced was not working at all. The guys at the garage replaced it with another new one. The beauty is running normal again and the smile is back on my face. When you take your car to your mate, ask him to check all the ignition coils. If they are cracked, the spark don't fire straight down. It fires through the cracked which causes the misfiring and the lights flashing on the dash. Because of the overheated engine nearly all of mine cracked, all replaced and she is running smooth.

nice on mate, we looked at the coils and only 2 were sparking, swapped them about and confirmed that only the other 4 are fcuked. where did they get them from? and how much were the parts?

many thanks

gary ( Reading UK )

nice on mate, we looked at the coils and only 2 were sparking, swapped them about and confirmed that only the other 4 are fcuked. where did they get them from? and how much were the parts?

many thanks

gary ( Reading UK )

Ordered them online from Europarts. They have a choice of two, 1 for about £75 and another £95. Although £95 is a bit more expensive, you will at least get good quality. Japarts also sell them but for about £50 each and for the original ones you have to phone.

got 2nd hand ones ,they work fine, shes a bit sluggish at high rev tho, she got hot enough to ***** the water pump, rad fans dont kick in now. may need new plugs??? due to heat??? hows your running? you on facebook? gazr24 (at) h0tma1l.c0m

• 1 month later...

irridium only!!car will go in to limp mode if others are used....also remember you cant clean irridium plugs with a wire brush

well mine were totaly fudged and i cleaned them and regapped them. 1 had to be replaced couse wasnt even sparking. but car is so under powered until 7k rpm then gets mad burst to 9,800. which is strange because it should only go to 6,500 but the tezza clocks must have it conused. would that be write?????

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links