Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Solar Panel Chargers

To keep the Battery topped up,we purchased a 12 v solar panel charger from Maplin,this somehow turned the screen on and put it into sat nav mode.

No keys in the ignition,the next day the Battery was flat as the proverbial .

Recharged the Battery,took the panel back which they exchanged and it wouldn't recreate the symptoms when it was plugged in.keys out.

Drive home,plug it in,no keys in the igmnition,the radio came on in short bursts,Is it haunted ?

Any solar panel users out there and yes,this panel is fitted with the flow stop going back the other way ???????????

Had something similar happen once. I was charging a remote control plane using the socket in the boot. When I ended journey and turned ignition off all the electrics, sat nav etc stayed on, even with the key out. It must have caused some kind of short circuit.

Hi, Have had a Solar Panel charger fitted to my car for over 2 years without any problems. I have had the power sockets rewird so that they are always live, as they otherwise turn 'off' when the ignition is off. Got no idea what the problem could be your end :-(

Tony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links