Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

After years of lurking, few days back I have finally plunged and purchased used IS220d Luxury (probably similar to SE-L UK version).

I intend to write something about my experience after I drive few thousand km (which should be in few weeks), but in the meantime I have more pressing question.

The car I purchased came with only one remote control key.

Only marking on this key is DENSO 14AAC. Key has three buttons (lock, unlock and trunk). Trunk key is not working for some reason (I can open trunk from the inside).

I wanted to buy spare key from local Lexus, but the price is unbeliveably high. Now, I searched for the replacement key on plenty of places and I noticed that keys sold in EU countries tend to have DENSO 14AAC description like mine, but on US eBay they do not have same markings.

Now my questions are:

1. is it possible that US cars use different FOB keys (probably different radio spectrum, EU ones use 434mHz)?
  2. are there other, compatible keys with different names (for example I noticed that most keys have four buttons, while mine has only three; how many buttons your key have and if you have four, what is the marking on it)?
  3. what is the part number or marking on credit card key fob?

Any clues are welcome.

p.s. when I collected the car, when I reversed side mirrors tilted down, but now they do not do that anymore (what have I done?)

Boot opening : have you tried holding the boot button in for a few seconds - just clicking it is not enough?

Reverse mirror dipping: If the Left/right mirror selector is in the centre position, the mirrors don't dip in reverse. Try selecting left or right

The other thing worth noting is that used keyfobs cannot be programmed to IS220 and IS250 model or any keyless start Lexus for that fact.

If you do find a way of programming a used fob when you do not have all the original keys then a lot of people will be interested.

Andy

Boot opening : have you tried holding the boot button in for a few seconds - just clicking it is not enough?

Reverse mirror dipping: If the Left/right mirror selector is in the centre position, the mirrors don't dip in reverse. Try selecting left or right

thanks, you were right on both counts, i appreciate it

The other thing worth noting is that used keyfobs cannot be programmed to IS220 and IS250 model or any keyless start Lexus for that fact.

If you do find a way of programming a used fob when you do not have all the original keys then a lot of people will be interested.

you want to say that once key is "attached" to one car it cannot be reprogrammed for another?

why, i saw a procedure what have to be done to do that and from all of the fob stories I read so far, none of them stated that?

what about key differences, are US keys same or different from EU keys?

what type is your fob? (is it four or three key fob)

p.s. btw. some of troubleshooting procedures suggested that you take key from another car and reprogram it in order to test if the key is malufunctioning or central wireless lock (this implies that it is easy to reprogram the key and that process is reversible if you have access to right equipment)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links