Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very grateful if someone could advise please.

The black paint on the metal pillars either side of my windscreen (LS400 Mk4) seems to have become chipped off in various places, any idea what I can do to repair......is it a simple DIY touch-up job and what type of paint would I need ?

I guess the other option is to take the whole lot off and have two bright chrome pillars........good idea or bad idea ?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks

I have the same problem with mine. I have a little Saab black paint left from a previous repair so will use that. I expect it will take a fair bit of rubbing down and then masking up.

I will let you know how I get on.

Hi, this is a job i tackled on my series 3 about 2years ago. I basically masked them up covering around windscreen and sides/roof with newspaper. Gave then a light key in with 400 wet n dry paper ( used dry ). Then wiped off with a isopropanyl wipe i had handy at the time.

Then gave 4or5 even coats of matt black aerosol i borrowed from work. Really cheap trade stuff. Let dry removed masking, job done.

Looks factory and 2years on still looks good.

Id allow no more han an hour all in.

Steve.

Thanks guys......that is exactly the kind of advice and help I needed and can cope (just !) with a bit of easy DIY like this.

But is any special kind of black car paint needed ?

Satin black is what you want all car accesory shops will have it in stock ( go for one with a fatter WD40 type spray nozzle not the small type) a few light coats leaving a few mins between coats

Satin black is what you want all car accesory shops will have it in stock ( go for one with a fatter WD40 type spray nozzle not the small type) a few light coats leaving a few mins between coats

Thank you......that's my weekend taken care of !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links