Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys,

went and picked up my 250 from my local Lexus dealer, man it is good to be back behind the wheel in a Lexus again :) so smooth.

Looks good, usual little scratches etc on closer inspection back home, othe careless car owners be damned (it is 4 years old so i expected that)

However I did notice the back passenger door has a buckle in it, best way to describe it, paint isn't cracked, but it looks like a darker patch to the right of the handle :( never noticed it when I was looking at the car last week.

Any sugestions / advice? Or should i live with it as otherwise I love the car, not sure how easy that type of thing is to repair.

Barry

Welcome back. what spec, what colour etc? As to the little scratches or buckle you should perhaps ask yourself whether these are the things you would ever really notice in everyday use? After all, you missed them before, didn't you?

Just before signing the contract on mine I notice a tiny nick in the leather of the passenger seat. It had been repaired at some point but was still visible. I worried about it at the time but have scarcely noticed it since. If I have a passenger it is invisible, and if not, well, who drives around staring at the passenger seat?

Pretty much the same when decorating the house. At the time I worry whether that little mark/air bubble in the wallpaper needs fixing, but a week later ...

BTW, Here is mine, not washed once in the last year, except the alloys (go waterless!)

post-4517-0-86869100-1312562849.jpg

<edit added pics>

Thanks for the reply, the paint chips isnt really a problem its the dent, looks like the doors been caught in the wind or opend on to / hit something, it is about 2 - 3 inches long so appears as a dark patch / buckle depending on the light. Will try to get a picture and post.

Thing is I spotted most of the small paint dings when I looked at the car first time and I looked down its flanks for pin dents so I am very, very surprised I missed something that big I'm pretty sure it wasnt there last week :/

Barry

post-18340-0-65117000-1312631126.jpg

post-18340-0-17169200-1312631170.jpg

Looks like the type of dint you get when opening the door in your garage , if you bought it from a lexus dealer im sure they would have enough good will to repair it for you , apart from that it looks lovely ,same as mine exactly , how many miles on ?:winky:

Looks like the type of dint you get when opening the door in your garage , if you bought it from a lexus dealer im sure they would have enough good will to repair it for you , apart from that it looks lovely ,same as mine exactly , how many miles on ?:winky:

Thanks for the replies guys, I only picked it up from the Lexus dealer today so its not been anywhere near my garage yet.

It has 33k miles on the clock and I also got 3 years servicing too, I really love the car was grinning from ear to ear on the drive home as it was so smooth, didn't get that feeling with the civic!

Barry

hi barry you could try a dry repair should cost about £70 try a company called dent devil or another dent removal firm any local body shop should be able to help or you could try your self triple tape inside door edge take a rubber hammer and gently tap on the tape the edge of door should go back watch for paint cracking inside the door; outside will be fine.

Thanks for the advice Paul,

going to call Lexus today to see if they will do it for me, if not I will go down the avenue of getting a body shop or similar to fix it.

I don't trust myself with a hammer, even a rubber one lol :)

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice Paul,

going to call Lexus today to see if they will do it for me, if not I will go down the avenue of getting a body shop or similar to fix it.

I don't trust myself with a hammer, even a rubber one lol :)

Barry

You could end up like father Ted when he tried to remove a dent with a hammer lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links