Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Acceleration And Power Probs.

Car: Lexus IS200, TTE supercharger.

When my acceleration is hard, car goes so thin fuel, that it makes fuel cuts.

Also losing power alot.

Car is quite normal without wire on in TTE Supercharger, but after I put wire on, no good.

I have tested it, and only 108hp in it and after reset ECU, we got from it under 130hp and air/fuel ratio was quite normal.

Dont remember did we got HP's when supercharger was fully on. We like tested, without wire, belt or FCD. Different permutations.

First I changed FCD, but no help. Then I changed plugs and fuel pump. Also checked for any fault codes, nope nothing.

Fuel pressure is 3,6 bar - 3,4 bar.

I have out of ideas, what might be problem in my car.

Any help from anyone?

Thank you.

none of the above makes sence!!put what wire on and whats thin fuel?

loosing power could be many things inc belt slip!!

i have been a tec for many years and worked for toyota/lexus for over 6 years i also have a charged is200 and have fitted a few chargers....

but i have never seen such a bad explanation of a fault.

Thin fuel :D...I mean air/fuel ratio, that car dont get fuel enough.

Wire or maybe its cable on supercharger :)...that only cable what came with that charger.

Maybe its throttle cable on supercharger.

I have using a charger now from 2007 to this day. Worked well from 2007 to Spring 2011.

All started while driving to work in little more than 100km/h. Like fuel cuts. I thought FCD went down, but no help when I installed new. Then I changed plugs, no help. Fuel pump helped little first, but no help and so on...

Thinking what to do next. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for advise.

I have now check my standard exhaust manifold and checked those pre-cats. Another was there, but another pre-cat was gone.

I took middle part to check, is all pre-cat pieces gone to main-cat? But no, those have stopped to another pipe curve, just before pipes goes to one pipe before main-cat.

I cleaned all and I removed another pre-cat.

But no...main problem is still there. I got my power now, but car still twitchs when acceleration is near 2500rpm with

6th gear with full throttle.

Looks like car works now quite better in high rpm, but like in low rpm acceleration with hard throttle makes car twhitchs.

Looking forward to find problem.

So, now when I dont have pre-cats, is this prob last lambda after main-cat?

Is it possible that last lambda after main-cat, is cracked?

So it is not broken, but will give wrong information? Or any of those lambdas?

What job does do lambdas what are before pre-cats?

Is anybody have a information what volts those keep to when working?

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links