Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Satnav Dvd

Hi all

Brand new to this club, just bought a 2004 RX300 which is great, except the DVD for the satnav is the original and therefore hugely out of date. I've seem the site where you can get an updated DVD, which asks you for the code from the DVD. And here is my problem/stupid question of the day! How do you eject the DVD. I think I have found the DVD player in the boot, in the recessed toolkit area, at least it looks like a DVD player. But pressing the button does nothing. Anyone know how to eject the DVD?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi all

Brand new to this club, just bought a 2004 RX300 which is great, except the DVD for the satnav is the original and therefore hugely out of date. I've seem the site where you can get an updated DVD, which asks you for the code from the DVD. And here is my problem/stupid question of the day! How do you eject the DVD. I think I have found the DVD player in the boot, in the recessed toolkit area, at least it looks like a DVD player. But pressing the button does nothing. Anyone know how to eject the DVD?

Many thanks

Steve

Hi,if its the same as the IS 200 than there are 2 bolts/screws you need to undo to gain access to the eject button.

Hi all

Many thanks

Steve

Hi,if its the same as the IS 200 than there are 2 bolts/screws you need to undo to gain access to the eject button.

Hi

Sounds similar to the DVD Sat Nav in my LS430. Remove the two bolts, make sure you turn on your Sat Nav and press the eject button. (this is probably protected by a slider)

Regards

Gerald

Thanks guys- I'll try this tomorrow

Steve

Theres no bolts to undo on the RX. just a slide switch which lets you take the black plastic fascia off. Once this is off you will see the slot drive. Press the eject button and the DVD pops out. I think the Key has to be in the ACC position for it to work though.

hope this helps. the manual tells you how to do it too.

Thanks coolcatshaft - that worked. My manual just has a picture pointing to the boot area, doesn't tell you how to remove it, but now I know!

Unfortunately the cost of a new disk is €159 so might just get a tomtom!

Perfect, thanks.

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links