Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another New Gs300 Owner - With Questions...!

G'day all,

I've just become the proud owner of a 1995 GS300 (Mk 1?), and very pleased with it I am too! It's a nice looking green model in pretty good condition for its 143,000 miles.

I have a few queries that may have been asked before on this forum (so please bear with me!).

1. I understand that there's no Haynes manual for the Mk 1 GS300. However, has anyone else produced a workshop/maintenance manual? Is there anything online?

2. My car's in need of a service and a timing belt change. Is the timing belt also known as the 'serpentine' belt, or is this simply the belt that drives all the pulleys visible at the front of the engine? How much (in GB£) should I expect to pay for the timing belt service? I live in the south west (Gloucestershire): are there any owners' groups that provide this work at discounted rates?

3. I've just discovered that the plastic trim inside the boot (immediately inside the inner lip of the boo - the long, thin bit of plastic covering that goes arouns the looped steel boot catch) is loose (it comes off in my hand). When fitted properly, how does this fix securely?

Many thanks - in anticipation! - of any help provided.

Regards,

Jools

I have a PDF workshop manual. PM me and I'll sort something out for you.

Make sure if you are getting someone to do the timing belt, that they change the idler pulley at the same time.

They are just push in plastic trim clips that hold that boot trim in place. Try PM'ing the user ACLex on here, he will sort parts out for you with a decent LOC discount (he works for Lexus Poole).

Most Lexus dealers offer a discount for LOC, although you may have to go "gold member" to get discount at some places.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tigerfish,

Many thanks for your response. Apologies for taking so long in getting back, been unable to get much 'computer time' recently!

Yes, if you're happy to e-mail me the service manual (if it's of 'e-mailable' size!), that would be a great help. My e-address is JGW58@BTINTERNET.COM.

Thanks, also, for the tip re. ACLex. I'm just about to have the full service done, including the timing belt, so I'll get in touch with him.

One other thing: Is it necessary to change the water pump when the timing belt service is done?

Greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jools

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links