Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sort Of New Member..

m1pui

As you can see I've been here quite a while but I've been just a little bit inactive!

Our RX300 was originally bought by my Dad in 2005 with 40,??? on the odometer to replace his Honda Accord which never filled the boots of the Shogun that preceded it! I had my own car at the time (e46 320D) and whilst I liked the Lexus, I only drove it (to chauffeur my dad about) on occasions. Fast forward to beginning of 2007 and dad sadly passed away and I ended up running amd sharing my time between both cars. We own a restaurant so obviously the RX was more practical for cash and carry runs but the intention was always to get rid of both cars and replace with something else. The BMW went in 2008 but 3 years on from that, the RX still remains and if I'm being honest, it's not any closer to being gone.

I've looked on and off for a replacement but really can't find anything to do it. Most recently, I considered a Subaru Forester/Legacy Touring and Jeep Grand Cherokee, which seem superb value for money at the minute! Obviously a newer RX would suit perfectly, but finances dictate that they are just a little out of budget.

The fact is, the RX has just become ridiculously integrated into my life as time has gone by! Baring the fuel consumption, which i don't particilarly mind (I've also had an RX8 if anyone wonders why! Lol) its a great long distance cruiser. It's size and auto box, make it perfect for threading through busy town. Yet its got so much cabin/passenger space. I tried a Pathfinder shortly after dad died and the back seats felt postively cramped in comparison. Then with the seats down it really is huge. I managed to get a single bed base and 3 mattresses in, for one of many tip runs, when clearing a flat out a few weeks back!

So at current time, we've got a 51 reg RX300 with about 96,000 on the clock. It's been almost utterly reliable. The original wheels are still on but are a bit corroded and scabby and it's got a few minor scuffs around it. But it's still a nice place to be and there's nothing wrong with it that a thorough detail/valet wouldn't sort out :-)

Hello and welcome back to the LOC.

When my LS400 was written off recently I gave up trying to find a decent replacement and eventually had mine repaired.

Also where's the restaurant and do LOC members get a generous discount? lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links