Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie With Is200 Auto Would Love To Know More Info Please.

hunter is200

hi peeps i was lucky to get my hands on a black lexus is200 and thankfully its an auto coz ive only got one leg lol. me and my family are all petrol heads and always arguing whos got what bhp and torque etc. i cant seem to figure my girlie out as it has the sports grill it pulls harder than my partners manual, (he reckons his is faster?) and i have a pwr (power) button? does this mean mine is the sport auto or standard and what are the power stats? its bugging the hell out of me; when i had 2 legs my partners manual was fast but my auto seems quicker in every aspect and if the power button is on then it throws you back in your chair. please help peeps. many thanks one leg lol x

hi peeps i was lucky to get my hands on a black lexus is200 and thankfully its an auto coz ive only got one leg lol. me and my family are all petrol heads and always arguing whos got what bhp and torque etc. i cant seem to figure my girlie out as it has the sports grill it pulls harder than my partners manual, (he reckons his is faster?) and i have a pwr (power) button? does this mean mine is the sport auto or standard and what are the power stats? its bugging the hell out of me; when i had 2 legs my partners manual was fast but my auto seems quicker in every aspect and if the power button is on then it throws you back in your chair. please help peeps. many thanks one leg lol x

Hi Lyndsey - congrats on getting your Lexus :)

Not much info to go on there (make + model + engine size + year) but you may be able to find what you need here : Parker's Guide for IS200

Hope you find what you need - other car review sites might have something useful too :driving:

Hi there, welcome to LOC! :)

Just to get you started, first of all the IS200 Sport was never available as an auto, only the S and SE came with an auto option, the Sport was manual only.

Engine-wise they are all identical, all 2ltr straight 6 with 153bhp. However as the manual is a 6 speed and the auto a 4 speed the manual is quite a bit faster - the manual does 60 in 9.something while the auto takes 11.2 to 60 (although I do agree it feels faster than the numbers might suggest)

The PWR button simply makes the throttle a bit more sensitive, and makes the gearbox change up later and change down more eagerly, basically just makes it more responsive - unfortunately makes no difference to power whatsoever.

Nice that you seem in good spirits but sorry to hear that you've lost a leg, glad you're enjoying the new car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links