Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

yep , you can get it from the link below

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

the OEM map also updates the system when you load the disk

Paul, you obviously know you stuff ? Sorry to crash the thread but I have the full spec IS250C SE-L with Mark Lev etc. My previous car was a 220D and the satnav only had the facility for entering 4 digits in the postcode. I was told this had been updated to the full 6 but frustratingly the new car still only accepts 4 ! I need to take it up with the dealer on its next service but am I mistaken in thinking it should be six ?

yep , you can get it from the link below

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

the OEM map also updates the system when you load the disk

Paul, you obviously know you stuff ? Sorry to crash the thread but I have the full spec IS250C SE-L with Mark Lev etc. My previous car was a 220D and the satnav only had the facility for entering 4 digits in the postcode. I was told this had been updated to the full 6 but frustratingly the new car still only accepts 4 ! I need to take it up with the dealer on its next service but am I mistaken in thinking it should be six ?

Unfortunately the new CD's only does firmware updates to allow you to play the new maps, it doesnt give you any new features such as 6 digit entry for post code lookups, you will need to replace your sat nav unit to get such features, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thanks guy's. I did buy an ex demonstrator. It was a year old but only had 1K on the clock and I saved over 12K off the list price so I wont complain too much about this slight inconvenience.

Thanks again

Yes, our 2011 IS has the full six digit input which I was very surprised to see. Must have been updated on the most recent facelift (with the DRL's) if your ISC is a 2011 model Ducactiman? I wouldn't have thought that the 6 digit input was hardware related so maybe this can be upgrade with a map update on the HDD models? I'm popping out later so I will have a look at what version i'm running and post it on here to compare if that helps.

• 1 month later...

I have map Version 2010-2011 v1 which has the 6/7 digit input

Does this update with the 6/7 post code entry work with the '07 lexus or just the '11 lexus. This is my only beef with what is a great car. Mine is an 'O7 and as a case worker trying to find obscure village addresses I have reverted to using a Tom Tom go!! I never understood the logic of only allowing the first 4 digits. Any one know why?

Regards

Ray

I haven't tried the lastest update on our '07 car so I don't know for sure, but would be very surprised if it did. Our '11 model came with the 2010-2011 v1 and this definitely has the 6/7 input.

Thanks for that. I managed to get through to the main Lexus SATNAV expert. He confirms that from 10/11 onwards, 6/7 digit post code will work. Its on the second page under an icon like a hunting/post horn. Guess what, my satnav is the o9/10 version! I'll have to decide whether to lash out £170 for the discs or keep using the TOM TOM! Still, its Christmas, who knows what might happen if enough subtle hints are dropped!

BBFN,

Ray

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links