Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Chupsters,

Got a mk4 a few months ago. It came with no paperwork, no manual and I was rather brave to buy it, but it's worked out fine, passed it's MOT with two new handbrake cables and is lpg converted.

Just got round to doing a bit of diy. The front and lhs rear cigar lighters don't work. Rear rhs is fine. All other electrics seem to work. Took it to bits but it looks ok, there was no fuse washer as described in other posts for the MK1, 2 and 3. (I was going to call it a cigarette lighter but of course it's a Lexus, so it must be cigars only).

Found the fusebox in the driver's footwell but don't have any fusebox diagram. I am loathed to take out every fuse, don't think my neck, back or fingernails could last that long.

If somebody could point me in the direction of the relevant fuses, or even any other potential fault with the cigar lighter on a mk4, or a free downloadable manual, would be grateful.

Next it's the LED rearlight temperature display on the passenger side.....

Thanks,

Nick

Hi

the fuses info should be on the the lid - cant remember if its outside or inside

the temperature display backlight requires alot of dismantling - if your up for it this gentleman has done a fine job of putting together a walk through here:

http://evansweb.info/2009/11/15/ls400-centre-console-illumination-repair-part-1

hope this helps

regards

miq

Great! I may not need this as my lid should be there. But useful enough to stick on 'My photos"!!

Just tried my heated seat this morning! Can't remember ever using it, but good to know it works -like everything else on the car!

I usually SORN it over winter and, after last w/end's M5 crash, see no reason to alter THAT decision!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links