Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

View On New Bmw 3 Series?

I had a look at the new 3 series in some auto magazine and it just looked like the current one to me. hardly any difference to the body. dont know if there is any improvement to the interior.

what do others think?

I think it is wrong to suggest that BMW don't make fine cars. Choice is very much down to individual taste. What seems to be true is that Lexus cars are often owned by their drivers whereas BMWs & Audis tend to belong to their Employers and perhaps attract younger (or if you prefer: less discerning) drivers. Of course in the picture, still favouring the ore "thrusting" image of German Marques are "Sales Executives" attempting to belie they are in so many ways - including never quite learning to drive - really of scant consequence.

I agree with this - they make a fine car - If they did'nt they wouldnt consistently get the accolades they do. The three series has become more of an all-rounder with every passing generation. Their economical yet powerful engines of late are impressive and although they are still not the most spacious of cars they are better than the IS - and at least they have the full compliment of bodystyles. The lexus will always be an also ran I think. But subjectively I'd still Prefer the Lexus - its better to look at and not wildly different to drive (non 'M' versions). You can't compare the new gen 3 series to the 6 yrs olD IS THOUGH. Lets hope Lexus have paid attention - if the new GS is anything to go by they might be on the right track :-) give me better engine options and bodystyles (and dont bother with diesel if you cant get it right) BMW does this stuff really well, Hope to see the new IS concepts soon after GS's launch proper. M

You could hardly call an IS rare. They're everywhere. I see at least a dozen or so on every journey - however short. I was surprised by this because it is one of those anonymous cars that I had never noticed until I bought one.

I'd have a 3 over an IS any day. The only reason I didn't is price. Cheapness is the only real reason to buy one over a "3" or a "C".

I recently drove from Cheltenham to a small town called Palmanova in North East Italy. In a journey of 1000 miles, I saw only three Lexus's (Lexi?), and none of them was an IS. The first day in Palmanova, I saw a white IS250 SEL automatic parked on the street. I drive a white IS250 SEL automatic! Cosa significa?

You could hardly call an IS rare. They're everywhere. I see at least a dozen or so on every journey - however short. I was surprised by this because it is one of those anonymous cars that I had never noticed until I bought one.

I'd have a 3 over an IS any day. The only reason I didn't is price. Cheapness is the only real reason to buy one over a "3" or a "C".

I recently drove from Cheltenham to a small town called Palmanova in North East Italy. In a journey of 1000 miles, I saw only three Lexus's (Lexi?), and none of them was an IS. The first day in Palmanova, I saw a white IS250 SEL automatic parked on the street. I drive a white IS250 SEL automatic! Cosa significa?

Spookissimo!

I'm just disappointed with the Brand. I had high expectations and they have been completely dashed. It'll do for now but I expected more from Lexus.

Yeah, it must be a real bugger having to put up with driving around in a Lexus. :lol:

:) I'm just a fussy old bugger.

It is the rattliest car I've owned since my 2CV though!

MW70 makes a fair point about comparing an old IS with the new BMW and he hits the nail squarely on the head concerning engine options.

Badges mean nothing to me, it's just a four door saloon after all. I moved to Lexus because of my distaste for Subaru's current cars (+ concern about their future in the UK) and the fact that I didn't really want to buy one of the ubiquitous Germans. Our Subaru has a similar spec to my IS250 SEL MM, cost the same new and has been 100% reliable and rattle free. The front pads and tyres lasted 40k miles and the discs will be good for over 80k miles. It is more comfortable and has full postcode input on the Sat Nav. I was expecting much the same from Lexus because of their reputation. I was wrong. My wife was about to replace the Subaru with a new RX - not anymore.

PS: the comments about drivers of other brands reveal nothing but the state of the poster's mind.

This is an interesting thread, I've had the latest BMW 3 Series, Audi a3, and VW, and now the IS250 SE-L, and I have realised, after a lot of money spent, that on the whole, a car is a car. The IS is far from perfect, the interior buid is nothing like as good as the BMW or AUDI, the brake pads need greasing every now and then, because of creaking etc, and the driving position is terrible, I just cant get to sit low enough and the handbrake/footbrake keeps getting in the way.

On the plus side it is refined, but with a fair bit of road noise and fantastic to look at. So I've decided to get a test drive in the new focus, which I realy like at the moment, the CT's suspension is just to firm for me, I just don't know what they were thinking of.

I'ts not a bad car, just not perfect or what I was expecting, so time for a change I guess.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links