Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drivers Door Lock Playing Up

I have had problems with the drivers door lock before. It comes and goes but is now a real pain.

This is how it goes; you lock the doors with the key (remote doent work). The key will unlock all the doors but the drivers door. To open the door you have to reach into the car via the other side or the OSR door and pull the inside handle. Door opens.

Things have moved on now; as above but; when it happens and you manage to open the drivers door it will not close unless it is locked first.

Im sure its just something in the mechanism inside the drivers door itself. Problem is I dont want to damage the door card stripping it down. :crybaby:

Any suggestions as to cause? And do you know the correct way to remove the inner door card?

I have had problems with the drivers door lock before. It comes and goes but is now a real pain.

This is how it goes; you lock the doors with the key (remote doent work). The key will unlock all the doors but the drivers door. To open the door you have to reach into the car via the other side or the OSR door and pull the inside handle. Door opens.

Things have moved on now; as above but; when it happens and you manage to open the drivers door it will not close unless it is locked first.

Im sure its just something in the mechanism inside the drivers door itself. Problem is I dont want to damage the door card stripping it down. :crybaby:

Any suggestions as to cause? And do you know the correct way to remove the inner door card?

Directly behind the keyhole is a small switch, well made but light construction, this went faulty on mine and the car would not lock etc. I got one off a scrap car but the switch may repair by cleaning it up inside, mine did but I already had the replacement.

For door card, remove all screws,handle rim etc, pull at the bottom carefully to unclip it, then the card MUST BE LIFTED UP to release it.

Go slowly to avoid breaking clips etc.

Directly behind the keyhole is a small switch, well made but light construction, this went faulty on mine and the car would not lock etc. I got one off a scrap car but the switch may repair by cleaning it up inside, mine did but I already had the replacement.

For door card, remove all screws,handle rim etc, pull at the bottom carefully to unclip it, then the card MUST BE LIFTED UP to release it.

Go slowly to avoid breaking clips etc.

Cheers, Thanks for that mate, It is exactly what I wanted to hear. My main concern was broken clips so thanks for the tip of "lifting it up".

Something to play at the weekend.

Winter tyres next week!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links