Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading The Mark Levinson

AndyJPA

Hello just wondering if anyone can help with a little query

I have the mark levinson audio in my 220d and was wondering if it is possible to add an extra amplifier and pair of subwoofers to the system, ie are there any outputs on the back of the unit etc

many thanks in advanced

Andy

Hi

Yes it is possible as this link shows Click me

This is how you run the power cable for the amp(s) Click me

There are no outputs at the back of the headunit so you will need to tap in to the amp located under the right hand side panel in the boot and wire up something like the Scosche 4channel LOC or JL Audio cleansweep to give you outputs for the sub amps. This is shown further down the thread in the second link.

HTH :winky:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello sorry if a little out of topic, but just to say that i'm very disappointed from the low quality of my Mark Levinson audio system. It's always sounds completely un-natural, like a blade, very dry, and even at low levels of volume produces a big listening fatigue...at high levels i cannot listen for more then 5 seconds or my head start to turn round. A loosen opportunity for Lexus. I know that the brand Mark Levinson, from many years nothing has in common with Mr. Levinson, it's simply a brand used from Harman Corporation, but i was very unhappy to find such bad performance.

PS: I'm an audiophile and i have 2 hi-end home systems for home listening.

Funny little story: when i bought my IS220D i returned the car to the dealer, because i supposed the hi-fi system was broken...after one week, they said all was perfect, so i asked to listen the HI-fi system of another new car like mine...we went into a car that was in exposition, we sit, i tried to listen some of my CDs, and surprise, thta system was even worst then mine ))

Pity.

The sound of the simple system installed in my old Lexus IS200, which was a Fujitsu-Ten, if i remember well, was much better (more natural, more solid, without listening fatigue) then this ML system.

I made a test with a dear friend, just to share impressions about it, and he agree to say that the systems sounds very dry and un-natural (this guy write articles on one of the most famous journals dedicated to hi-end DIY in Italy). One of the big problems is that the front central channel is always to much invasive, another is that the music is to much balanced on the front loudspeakers, even if u turn the fader totally on the rear side....Bah.

...and to not mention the very bad proposition of bass frequencies, so quantitative but absolutely not qualitative: it's impossible to listen the line of any chord instrument, like an electric or acousitc bass (( all bass frequencies under 200 Hz sounds only as one big bass at the mechanical frequency of resonance of the bass system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links