Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Wiring Looms

Having a bit of an arguement with my dad and my brother at the moment, and I'm hoping somebody can help settle it!

This is the story:

I have bought an is 200 sport with satnav to break. One of the things I want to do is put the satnav into my is 200 SE.

The satnav wiring is part of the main wiring loom which isnt a problem to me, and I plan to change the complete loom over from the sport.

However my bro, and my dad seem to think that my car wont work afterwards and that the loom will be wrong/wont fit the SE. I have pointed out to them that apart from the satnav the 2 cars are identical in spec and equipment, everything works in both of the cars and that the sport is only 6 months older than the SE.

So Has anyone else swapped thair loom to fit the satnav and did you encounter any problems? Many thanks!

Hi I was going to go down that route a few years ago when I bought my 1st IS 200 sports but having read through some threads on here decided against it as its near impossible(apparently some of the wiring looms are different and then theres also the issue of cars with chasis numbers starting with 19).Furthermore even if you found a compartible one you would have to strip out most of the interior just to fit the sat nav and its auxillary parts and theres no guarantee it would work.It would probably be easier for you to do an engine swap rather than fit a oem sat nav.Alternatively you could use the sat nav housing and fit it with an after market one eg a Sony as some members on here have done.Hope this helps.

really dont bother!

remove the standard screen, fit a sony satnav into it and job done

Dont bother because it wont work, or because of the effort involved in removing the interior and swapping the loom?

I know it probably doesn't seem worth it to most people and I hear what your saying about just buying and fitting a sony satnav, but I don't have a problem putting in what I already have it if its going to work afterwards.

Hi,well in that case give it a try and see how it goes,at the end of the day its your call,time and effort but do bear in mind theres no guarantee it will work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links