Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Using Cup Holders And Changing Gear?

Has anyone noticed that if you have something in your cupholder that everytime you change gear you knock the bottle over?

Everything else in the IS seems to be so close to hand like the radio controls etc, but the cupholders seem to be in a poor place. Or am I using too big a bottle?

Has anyone noticed that if you have something in your cupholder that everytime you change gear you knock the bottle over?

Everything else in the IS seems to be so close to hand like the radio controls etc, but the cupholders seem to be in a poor place. Or am I using too big a bottle?

same here, only small cans are ok :( really poor design, even vws have them better located

The clue is in the name. Cup-holders were designed to hold cups you drink from when stationary. If you find you need to keep drinking from a water-bottle etc. when driving; you should see your GP.

lol yep!

Gotta say the amount of times ive ordered a large cola in mcdonalds and regretted it after putting it in the cup holder lol

oh and the fact that the handbrakes on the wrong side! i'm just being picky - I love you really IS

Lexus really have dropped a boob with their design.... There is nowhere to place Catheter bags for those too lazy to get out and take a pee either.

Not too sure what constitutes a long road trip but when I drive off to Germany or Czech, the car usually needs a drink before I do but we both stop and have a drink together...

I think this all started a whike back when some "experts" suggested we should all drink litres of water daily. Many got used to always carrying water-bottles & sipping from them all day long.

This has now been medically proved to be total nonsense & even possibly harmful - but people are stuck with a habit that does nothing except make them p*ss a lot, and with fizzy drinks fart massively as well as rotting their teeth.

I think this all started a whike back when some "experts" suggested we should all drink litres of water daily. Many got used to always carrying water-bottles & sipping from them all day long. This has now been medically proved to be total nonsense & even possibly harmful - but people are stuck with a habit that does nothing except make them p*ss a lot, and with fizzy drinks fart massively as well as rotting their teeth.

I never did get the kiddies walking round with a little bottle in their hands taking a sip every few minutes.... I do drink a fair bit of water as when I'm working, I do tend to dehidrate, especially when crawling round lofts in the Summer but I will drink a pint or two of non chilled water at a go... Most of it gets sweatted out. I also avoid any fizzy pop with sweeteners or sugar in because the water leaving the body in the form of sweat leaves all the gloop in the body... When I worked in the Middle East, lots of newly arriving Europeans would be hospitalised within a week or two of them arriving due to drinking endless quantities of cheap fizz.

The LS400 is obviously better designed than the IS :P The cup holders are positioned well away from the shift selector and I have never had a problem with collisions.

If you want to drink large cans you need a large model to match..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

The LS400 is obviously better designed than the IS :P The cup holders are positioned well away from the shift selector and I have never had a problem with collisions.

If you want to drink large cans you need a large model to match..... :D

Lol no offence Steve but I'd rather hold that large can between my legs then swap my IS for LS400 :P

the only good solution for this is to get an armrest but they're hard to get and very expensive. I was lucky and got mine for £80

there's one on eBay but... price... :tsktsk:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-FRONT-ARM-REST-LEATHER-ALTEZZA-/270938050564?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f152a9004#ht_500wt_1413

same here, only small cans are ok :( really poor design, even vws have them better located

Really…? most VWs I've been in and the A3 have 1 just one drink holder and it holds the drink directly in front of the heater vents! the Auris also does this and many other cars! silly idea.

I like the volvo solution 2 inside the arm rest and one which pops out of the dash.

I leave bottles and LARGE cups in the rear cup holders.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links