Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Economy Of Mk11 And Mk111; Petrol And Lpg

I on the look out for a gased LS or GS (prefer an LS)

I have run a MK11 1993 LS for 4 years and it averages about 27mpg.

Autotrader says that the fuel consumption for a 1993 qnd a 1996 are as follows;

1993= 21.1

1996= 16.1

But ive read threads on the forum that suggest that the later cars are more economical.

Not fussed really about which year I end up with. I just want the most fuel efficient.

If you have had both Mks which one did you find was the best on fuel?

Better still, if you have a gassed one, what are you getting to the Lt of gallon of gas?

I on the look out for a gased LS or GS (prefer an LS)

I have run a MK11 1993 LS for 4 years and it averages about 27mpg.

Autotrader says that the fuel consumption for a 1993 qnd a 1996 are as follows;

1993= 21.1

1996= 16.1

But ive read threads on the forum that suggest that the later cars are more economical.

Not fussed really about which year I end up with. I just want the most fuel efficient.

If you have had both Mks which one did you find was the best on fuel?

Better still, if you have a gassed one, what are you getting to the Lt of gallon of gas?

If you intend to buy an already converted one do make sure you have a recent ie about a month old certificate of testing otherwise you could well find out your insurance company wont entertain you until you do. The inspection may then find some nasties.

The other thing I would insist on is getting the car filled up with LPG while you are there if they turn your request down don't bother going even if they tell you its already filled.

Two reasons.

1. Some self installed systems are so poorly done that filling with LPG can take forever and it should only take just a little more time than filling with petrol.

2, More importantly its a good time to see if there are any smells of gas and apart from when you remove the filler from the car there is a small discharge there should never be any smell of gas if there is, say thank you very much but I will get a taxi back to where you have parked your car because he is driving a mobile bomb.

I have run for over 15 years on LPG including the wifes car and all have been converted professionaly after I bought them. Not one of them has ever given me a single problem. On the other hand the only cars I looked at for sale that were already converted for LPG that were safe and professionally converted were ones that I have sold.

Believe you me there are some real horrors out there which have been converted by the roadside over the weekend by the owner and a few of his mates from down the pub.

If you are sensible which I am sure you are follow guidelines and common sense and you will find the world of luxury motoring at a more than reasonable cost. This year LPG comes in on the MOT,

Good luck Mike

Thanks for that mate. Never thought about filling time.

Im only interested in professionally converted cars.

Id have mine converted but dont have the money right now.

The plan is to sell the Rover 75 CDT Tourer and buy a ready converted LS400. That way I still have 2 cars (both LS400s) without extra expense.

Do you mind me asking what you get to the gallon on gas?

The plan is to sell the Rover 75 CDT Tourer and buy a ready converted LS400. That way I still have 2 cars (both LS400s) without extra expense.

It does depend on what sort of run I do but Motorway I can get 32mpg and thats keeping to 65/70 mph with local driving around 24/26 mpg I would add that I am not these days (retired) the fastest motor on the road but then I have a lot more time that means I don't have to run around like a demented Road Runner but now really enjoy my sedate driving, suits the car as well.

Mike

It does depend on what sort of run I do but Motorway I can get 32mpg and thats keeping to 65/70 mph with local driving around 24/26 mpg I would add that I am not these days (retired) the fastest motor on the road but then I have a lot more time that means I don't have to run around like a demented Road Runner but now really enjoy my sedate driving, suits the car as well.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

You say 32mpg on a motorway and 24/26 local driving. Is that the actual MPG? or is it the equivelent? ie 16mpg at half the cost of petrol prices = 32mpg?

I spoke to to someone who was running a LS the same age as mine (1993) and he was getting an average of 18mpg on lpg.

I really appreciate you time Mike.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

You say 32mpg on a motorway and 24/26 local driving. Is that the actual MPG? or is it the equivelent? ie 16mpg at half the cost of petrol prices = 32mpg?

I spoke to to someone who was running a LS the same age as mine (1993) and he was getting an average of 18mpg on lpg.

I really appreciate you time Mike.

Wow 32mpg from LPG ??

I'm averaging about 20/22 mpg on LPG. I have a 4 year old BRC sequential system fitted. Mybikesacx500 (Ian) on here averages about the same and he has a Prins system fitted (1 of the best). We both have a 1998 MkIV

I cannot afford to buy a converted MKIV but i think I can get a MKIII for about £1,000 to £1,200. Ill be happy with 20-22mpg on gas.

It sounds like the MKIII and MKIVs are better on fuel than the earlier MKII like mine, but Autotrader would suggest otherwise?????

I cannot afford to buy a converted MKIV but i think I can get a MKIII for about £1,000 to £1,200. Ill be happy with 20-22mpg on gas.

It sounds like the MKIII and MKIVs are better on fuel than the earlier MKII like mine, but Autotrader would suggest otherwise?????

I don't really think there's an awful lot of difference in MPG between the range. More important to me is the state of the engine. A well cared for engine with clean oil, filters etc will be more efficient then others...

Hello Sir John: I filled my 97- 400 up when I came home from France last week at Dover.I then filled it up again at the services on the M6 toll road after doing 226.7 miles,it took 38.8 ltrs which is 8.62 gallons. SO --- 226.7 divided by 8.62 comes out at 26.29 miles per gallon and at 76 pence per litre that is good value,so go for the L.P.G conversion.

Hello Sir John: I filled my 97- 400 up when I came home from France last week at Dover.I then filled it up again at the services on the M6 toll road after doing 226.7 miles,it took 38.8 ltrs which is 8.62 gallons. SO --- 226.7 divided by 8.62 comes out at 26.29 miles per gallon and at 76 pence per litre that is good value,so go for the L.P.G conversion.

You are actually doing better than you think. 38.8 lts is 8.53 gallons (38.8 divided by 4.55) which works out at 26.58mpg.

I think thats fantastic. If i can get one that averages that it will be cheaper to run than my Rover 75 Deisel.

Ill be happy if I can average 21 overall and 25 on a long run.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links