Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc 430 Rear Seat Removal

MUDGUTS

I have a question regarding the removal of the rear seats on an SC 430. Having looked at a few on the web, I notice that although there are some rear seats, the space in the back is probably unusable for anyone larger than a very small child

What I was thinking about was removing the rear seats totally and having that area re-trimmed, ideally in a very similar carpet to the rest of the car and mayby put some hide in there too. This would give me a nice area for bags, etc

Is this feasable? Are there components that sit behind the seats that would get in the way or otherwise pervent me doing this? Has anyone else done this or condidered it? All contributions welcome.

Currently I'm running a LS400 but rarely use the back seats and we have other large cars in the family.

I know on the LS there are some wiring looms under the seat and the fuel tank is behind the upright.

Also what about the rear seat belts, if you remove these also will it fail an MOT or cause problems with the SRS if used on the rears?

I would guess it's feasible but I would get a professional on the job.

• 3 weeks later...

There is nothing under the back seat, but the subwoofer is behind the backrests. I've seen a conversion kit on a U.S website that basically turns it into a luggage hold. The name escapes me for now.

Gaz.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Removing the rear seats wouldn’t necessarily increase the insurance group however you would need to notify your insurer if you were going to do this change and it would be up to each individual insurer how they rated it.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links